Chapter 10: Mio

Touka's car pulls up at a house in the residential area. "This is it Princess Touka," Miss Nickelback said. "This... this is Alex's home," said Touka. She holds his dog tag tightly.  

Touka takes a deep breath before walking up to the house to ring the doorbell. "Yes, I am coming!" said a woman voice coming from inside the house. The woman opens the door to see the Princess standing outside. She is surprised to see the princess herself. The woman was about to use the standard to greet Touka but. "Please don't," Touka said in a sad voice. 

The woman looks at Touka hand to see her holding something that looks very familiar. "That's," the woman said. "I am sorry, I am so sorry, I couldn't bring him back. If there is anyone to blame, please blame me," Touka said. The woman looks like she was about to cry but wipe her face. "I know that a day like this would come, I knew it all along. I have already prepared myself mentally for this moment."

The woman takes her husband dog tag and clutches it to her heart. "Thank you of bring this back to me," she said before closing the door. The woman brasses her back on the floor and slowly slide to the ground. Remembering a past memory. "Honey I am home," Alex said as he enters the house. "Alex, you are back," she run to him all happy and excited. Hugging each other while spinning around a few times. "You have been gone for so long, I really miss you," she said. 

"I have something to show you." Alex takes her to the living room. He tells his wife to close her eyes and opened it when he says so. While her eyes were closes, he pulls out something from his pocket and hung it in front of her face. "Ok you can open them now," he said. She opens her eyes to see him holding a tag like chain. "Alex, is that?" she asks. "Yep, it's my dog tag, I have passed the qualification test and got into the unit. From now on I am an arsenal soldier," Alex said. 

"That is great, you worked so hard," she replied happily. "Now I am going to work even harder, I promise I will earn enough money and heal Mona," said Alex. "I know you will, but this come with its own risks," she said.

 "Isn't being a soldier and going outside the ship really dangerous. What if"... Alex hugs his wife stopping her from saying what she was about to say. "I promise, I will not die, not until mona is cure. They both hear coughing at the door. They turned around to see their daughter standing there. "Mona, what are you doing out of bed?" they ask.

"I heard daddy's voice, so I wanted to come and see him," she said with a weak tone. "You should have wait kiddo, I was going to come a see you in your room you know," Alex walk over to pick up his daughter. "Is it true, did you become a superhero?" she asks her father. Yes, that is right. And I going to cure," he replied.  

"Will I be able to run around again. Ride my bike and take walks in the park like we use to?" she asks. "Of course," he replied. Some time as pass and Mona condition have started to worst to the point she had to be hospitalized.  

Before he went on that mission with Princess Touka to Armageddon A, he promises his wife that he will come back soon and go see mona in hospital. But yet the Princess is there standing in front of her holding his dog tag with sad look. She didn't want to but couldn't help it. The sound of cries is all that's heard. "That was really admirable of you princess," said miss nickelback after Touka return back to the car. "I wish I could have done more," Touka said. 

"Everyone in the city knows how important and how busy the royals are. Seeing a royal handing back their loves one tag personally like that it's means a lot to them. It shows that they didn't die of nothing. They die protecting you, their guide to the new future. And when that time finally comes. They will look back to this day as the day when their loved one died for the future." 

"Am I fit for the role anyway?" Touka asks looking regretful. " How about we listen to some music on our way back, that always put you mind on ease," Miss nickelback suggested. She turns on the radio but a news report board case about the chaos on the streets in the downtown area.  Reporting about a man running ramped throughout the streets causing a mayhem.