20. Zemo

'The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karly but so far they've only found her followers they have searched this camp and just like the last camp nothing. She's gone. We'll never find her,' Sam told Becky

'Hey you got your shield back.' Torres remarked walking up to them.

'Are you off to take care of zemo?' Sam asked as bucky headed out sparing him a glance as he grabbed Karma's hand.

'All right good to know you survived.' Torres said as Bucky walked off.

++

.

The monuments stood tall in front of Zemo.

'I thought you'd be here sooner,' ZEMO remarked 'don't worry. I've decided I'm not going to kill you.'

'Imagine my relief,' Bucky said blandly a gun in his hand ZEMO turned to him

'The girl has been radicalized beyond salvation I warned Sam but he didn't listen to me. He's a stubborn and Steve Rogers before him,' ZEMO noted 'but you... They literally programmed you to kill James do what needs to be done. Karly has people everywhere there's only one way to make sure she cannot continue their mission.'

'I appreciate your advice but I'm gonna do it my own way,' Bucky told him

'Yeah... I was afraid you would say that.' The gun clicked in his hand, Zemo stared down at it as Bucky raised it pointing it out his face. Zemo nodded Bucky pulled the trigger but nothing happened. He lowered it and a moment of silence pasted as Bucky let the bullet slip from his metal hand. They heard the wakandans marching up behind him.

'Ladies...' ZEMO said before turning back to bucky. 'I took the liberty of crossing off my name in your book I hold no grudges for what you thought you had to do.' Zemo added. 'Goodbye James, goodbye Katrina.' He went with them willingly. Karma stared at him, how on earth did he know that?

'We will take him to the raft.' Ayo told him 'where he will live out his days. It will be prudent to make yourself scarce in Wakanda for the time being.'

'Fair enough,' Bucky agreed 'Hey!' She turned back to him 'I may have another favor to ask of you.'

Bucky turned to Karma once zemo was gone a smirk on his lips.

'Katrina?' Bucky questioned.

'Shut up.' Karma sassed.

'It's cute.'

'Shut. Up.'