Chapter 1

My name is Kat Hayes. I'm 18 years old and I am known for my bad reputation.  I have slept with almost every guy in school. I have no idea why I do that. I think its because of issues with my dad since he left my mom when she was still pregnant with me so I guess that's why.  I live in sunny Los Angeles with my mom. I never liked long-term relationships because it takes longer for a person to get hurt while short-term relationships have a person get hurt quicker.

~Monday morning~

I woke up early to get ready for school and my mom already left for work. She works as a nurse at Memorial Hospital.  I was all alone in the house and it was 7:30 in the morning meaning I had 30 minutes to get ready.  I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After I got out I got my outfit ready for the day. I got dressed in a white tank top and black jeans then did my make-up.  After finishing up I decided to look out my bedroom window and saw my neighbor Shawn Mendes walking out the door of his house.  Shawn and I have been neighbors since we were kids and we played with each other when we were little, other than that since middle school we have never talked.  After staring out the window for five minutes I was brought of my thoughts when my phone rang.  I picked it up and saw that it was my best friend Alexa.  i slid my finger across the screen to answer it.

~Phone call~

Kat: hey girl what's up

Alexa: Bitch are you coming or what? I'm outside your house.

Kat: Relax dude, I'm coming. God!

Alexa: Why do i have a feeling you were staring at Shawn again?

Kat: I was not staring at him.

Alexa: Sure you weren't.

Kat: Fine I was. Happy?

Alexa: Very now hurry up we gotta go.

Kat: Ok I'm coming.

~End of call~

When I hung up with Alexa, I put my phone in my back pocket, then grabbed my bag and went out the door.  I still saw Shawn talking with his older sister so he didn't leave yet. He was probably waiting for his friend Justin.  When he caught me looking at him, he gave me a small smile and waved at me. I politely returned the wave back.

"Hey kitty Kat," Alexa said as she hugged me.

"I thought we agreed that you would not call me that anymore," I said.

"And I thought we agreed that you would not check out Shawn anymore."

"I want you to know that Shawn was checking me out."

"It didn't look like it."She said, "Besides you have been crushing on him since freshman year. Ask him out already."

"Ok I am done with this conversation," I said.  What she said was true I have liked him since freshman year but I know that he has heard about my reputation.  That's the reason why I never asked him out because he probably knows about it.  I don't want to scare him away especially because he is so sweet and innocent and I am a broken girl who is just afraid to let anyone in.  Basically I am the type of person who puts walls up to avoid talking about my feelings. Who would want a girl like that?