Chapter 1: The princess

Being a princess is very hard.

Try reading other princess books and you'll find out it is not like a Disney story. Sometimes, we, princess, find a hard time to keep up the good work. Your parents expect something big. Yes, very cliche, isn't?

But as I look onto the stars literally, I felt something is missing. Yet my parents keep telling me that the fourth fragment is missing. For me, something bigger is missing.

The word 'Happiness' is missing.

My name is Lenalee, a royal princess. Not just a princess. The three fragments of The Heart is inside me. That is why I am the great source of anything except for one thing we don't know. Yes, I know it has something to do with the fourth fragment.

Where is it? Why it is so important? Why do I have to live like this?

I can't do it. I'm tired of people relying on me so much. They use me like I'm the hero or like the sun of their kingdom. A sun has a sun, right?

A sun is a star and star is billions of years away from my location. But a star also disappears and become a black hole. Does that means it doesn't matter how great the glow, you'll still fall?

It is like a belief before. There is a cycle. A dynasty begins. The dynasty become bright. The dynasty suffers famine. The people revolts. The dynasty falls. A new dynasty begins. It is just a cycle why is really impossible for now.

My brother, Komui, carries lot of responsibilities. But whatever his responsibilities, he always find a way to escape. Sometimes, dad scolds him. Sometimes, mom scolds him. Sometimes, they have a serious business negotiating. But most of the times, my mom always said that he don't understand the quote 'Don't carry the Earth on your shoulders'.

My mom is very kind yet very noisy and nosy. She sometimes heard that Komui has a girlfriend yet he doesn't have. My mom is like 'I want grandchildren!' but Komui always say 'Girls are so slutty. I need a girl who isn't slutty.' and that is how it runs.

My dad is very loyal. Every time a girl flirts over him, he ignores it. Every time he sees a girl's cleavage, he'll say he has seen better and of course, he is preferring to mom's. He's very loyal yet he is a pervert.

Neah, my dad's loyal servant is very kind, forgiving and brave. He is the one who teaches me about the world even though I already have a science teacher. He loves to help the kingdom. He loves to protect the kingdom. Most of all, he never give up. Yet, he isn't my prince charming. Who would want to fell in love with an old geezer?

Miranda, my maid, is very generous and loving. She keeps my room very healthy and clean. She helps me study. She helps me with my project. Yet when we are in the ballroom alone, she is a devil. She teaches me how to dance, good manners, good posture and also teach me on how to be a good girl. Oh really, Miranda? Have you heard that good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. (From Good Girls - 5SOS)

Last but not the least, my prince charming that I don't know who and where he is. I imagine him to be someone who is braver than Neah, more loving than Miranda, more loyal than dad and kinder than mom. I can feel his existence! I believe he is somewhere else.

I believe he will be that one who'll grow old with me.

—- ———- ——— ——
As a princess, every where you go, there's always be four men in black following you making sure you have your privacy. They also fought all stupid bimbos, womanizer, drunk people and even bullies. My only problem is that about 25% of the girl's population of the school hates me because I'm the princess.

As I walking to my locker, people started staring at us. I always got the stare. Mostly, the stares are friendly. Sometimes, girls say hi to me. Sometimes, guys would wink me and they'll end up being beaten by my men in black. Bad thing, they don't have that device that makes people forget.