Chapter 7: Mystery

As morning came, I walk around the castle wearing tight flexible long black sleeves that ends above my abdomen, black fitted pants and the Heart (which is my boots). Even though it seems very slutty, I love this fighting armor.

I've been thinking. I think I should implement a program to protect my people. Being a princess is not about wealth. She is the one who is in the defense line not her soldiers. Maybe a wall will help me.

As always, my brother is nearby. I didn't need to face back.

"Lenalee, you do know your duties." I heard him. "You are scheduled to go to-" I cut him off.

"I know, brother." I told him. "I just need air."

"What kind of air?" He asked me.

"Fresh air."

"You grew up inhaling fresh air yet here you are wanting to breath fresh air."

"I have nothing to be greedy about. I can sense that we should build a shield."

"Build a shield for what?" He asked me.

"It is to protect the people not just us."

"We are the one who protects them."

"And they bless us because we protect them."

"Yes, they have lost their religion's belief. We are born with a mission that God gave to us. We don't know it from the start but soon we'll realize it. Their mission is not to protect. Their livelihood is not to bless. They are meant to help us."

"For what?!" I shouted.

"They are helping us to stand tall."

"Stand tall for what?"

"We can't defend if we are lying down or sitting."

"You are right but we still need a shield. My defense can't hold us forever."

Komui didn't answered right away. I sensed him taking the information. "I'll ask the science department to research about that." Then he left.

I looked at my watch and realized it is about 6 already. I activated my boots and recharge it a little. Then I jump off the air and flew away.

The air around feels so nice. This air keeps people alive yet at the same time, this is my favorite element. While flying with my innocence, I looked down to see the camp Kanda made. I landed near it and I am now already surrounded by soldiers aiming their gun on me.

"Why are you aiming at me?" I asked them.

"I ordered them to." I heard Kanda. "It will serve as a password."

"Password for what?" I asked him.

"Allen told me you'll question your people why they are doing something against you. That is the password." He came out of his shadow. "We received a report of imposters. Imposters will freak out if we go against them but the real person wouldn't."

"Okay... what possessed Allen?" I asked him. "And can you lower the weapons?"

"Oh... you can lower them now." He told his men. "I am one hundred percent sure she is the real one."

"Yeah... my birthday is february 20."

"Thanks for the trivia." His men lowered there weapons and bowed.

"Okay." I told him.

His men dispersed and Kanda lead me to his tent where I found Allen in his pant and shirtless yet his abdomen is covered with bandages. I gasp. "What happened to you?"