« 31 »

~ 20:10 ~

“you're going to make it up to me by staying here the whole weekend!” beomgyu exclaimed as he throws a pillow on to taehyun's face. taehyun just rolls his eyes — but deep down, he missed his lover's childish behavior, “alright.”

“... i was just joking.” “and i wasn't.”

beomgyu just blinked in total confusion. sometimes he curses himself that he tends to forget about the fact that taehyun tends to take things a bit seriously. and therefore, he wasn't able to tell if taehyun was joking or was being serious. one particular example was when taehyun threatened to strangle him — it was his near death experience.

taehyun sighs and sat on the bed, pulling beomgyu's face gently and kissing him on the forehead. “i love you... so, so, much...” he whispered, caressing beomgyu's cheeks as he locks their eyes together, “you don't know how scared i was... i guess i was a– no... i am a coward.”

beomgyu softly smiles, placing both his hands on taehyun's cheeks as well. taehyun let's go of beomgyu and places his hands above beomgyu's, feeling the comfort and presence of his lover, “i don't deserve you... you deserve someone better than me...”

“don't say such things like that!” beomgyu scolds. he leans his forehead on taehyun's, wiping away the tears that were running down his face. “shut up, i literally wanna marry you!” beomgyu jokes, earning a small laugh from taehyun; remembering how their friends teased them about getting married days ago.

twelve years ago •

“hey! why are you crying?”

the boy looked up from his hands and finds another boy, who seemed like he was in the same age as him, sitting in front of him with a mask covering his face. but just by looking at the boy's eyes, he could tell that the boy was smiling at him.

he wiped eyes and looked at the boy, not wanting to look like a crybaby in front of the masked boy. “you can tell me anything! please think of me as a friend!”

‘a friend..?’

“mommy and daddy were fighting again...” he sobs, curling himself into a little ball, making him feel at least safe, “i don't like it when they fight.”

he was caught off guard when he felt the boy hug him, patting him gently on the head, “there, there! my mommy always do this when she sees that i'm sad.”

he closed his eyes and leaned into the boy's warmth. it had been a while since he had someone to hug him. it made him feel so safe. he felt like he's finally at home.

“home doesn't even feel like home anymore...”

the two eventually just stayed like that for a while — sitting under a tree, hugging each other as a way to seek comfort.

~

and after the while, the two little boys played on the swing, talking about random things... and some things that they don't even fully understand.

“do you know what marriage is..?”

he stopped swinging himself, looking at the masked boy — who was also looking at him — in such confusion. marriage..?

“i think that is what mommies and daddies do...” he answered, unsure with himself, “they do it when they really love each other.”

the boy just nodded and replied with a question, “do you think a boy and a boy can do that?”

“yea, i think so too!”

“do you wanna get married?”

he just looked at his friend, cheeks were slightly colored pink. “i don't know... i don't want to end up like mommy and daddy. they always fight.”

“i saw mommy throw daddy out our house the other day!” the boy suddenly says with a smile, making him look at his friend with such confusion.

“well... um...” he stood up from the swing and walked towards in front of his friend, standing there, “do you wanna get married?”

the boy only nodded, “oh, let's get married!”

“but aren't we too young? i think only grown ups only do that.”

“let's get married... when we are older!” his friend exclaimed, standing up from the swing and locking their pinkie fingers together. he just nodded and stared at their locked fingers, “one day, when we're older!”

“promise?”

“promise.”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“no, please don't leave me alone! i don't wanna be alone!”

✧ • ✧

“eh? you do?” taehyun pulled away from the hug, laughing. beomgyu just giggled, burying his face on to taehyun's neck, “yea, i do.”

“alright, let's do that... one day.”