« 44 »

~ 16:45 / hospital, rooftop ~

“we're here!” beomgyu exclaimed, raising one of his hands in victory. taehyun rolls his eyes, “d-don't move too much, you might fall!”

beomgyu wrapped his arms around taehyun's shoulder, as he also rests his head on his back, “thank you for carrying me, from the room to here...”

“no worries.” taehyun replied as he carefully placed beomgyu down the bench, “are you feeling cold?”

beomgyu shooks his head as a small respond. “i wasn't heavy, was i..?”

“no, you weren't...” taehyun answered, sitting down next to beomgyu. ‘in fact, you don't seem to weight at all... i'm worried...’

beomgyu just nodded at taehyun's answer. taehyun watched as he carefully opens the bag of canelés. once it was opened, beomgyu handed it out to him, “here, you can have the first one!” taehyun smiles a bit, taking one.

“last night, after you left... my ‘father’ visited me...” beomgyu suddenly spoke, “he was crying and hugging me all of a sudden...”

“oh... is that so..?”

“he was apologizing about how he wasn't a good father to me... and how he wasn't a good husband to mom...”

out of all the times he could've apologize, he chose now?

“he should've done that seven years ago...” beomgyu chuckled lowly, biting his bottom lip to stop himself from tearing up, “i really... don't want to be alone...”

“you're not alone... cause— w-well, you have me, right?” taehyun smiled, holding one of beomgyu's hands. ‘it's cold’ he thought. beomgyu looked at him with a slightly flushed face, “sorry, that must've been cheesy...”

“i-it... it was..!” beomgyu laughed.

it's not.

taehyun could only blush at the slight embarrassment. leaning his head on beomgyu's shoulder, as a small attempt to avoid letting beomgyu see his pinkish face.

“i almost forgot to mention something.”

“what is it?” taehyun hummed in response.

“earlier, yeonjun hyung visited me, he was crying...” said beomgyu. taehyun was taken quite sa surprise; yeonjun crying was something he'd least expect. “he told me, him and... soobin hyung broke up...”

once again, it wasn't something taehyun would've expect. both of them didn't expect it. it was well clear for the both of them how disgustingly in love those two were with each other. it must've been the reason why taehyun noticed how soobin seemed liked he just cried back at the cafe.

“w-was there a reason why..?”

“he said they had a huge disagreement...” said beomgyu, taking a bite out of a canelé, “he didn't tell me what it was but, apparently, they had been fighting about it for quite some time now... to the point they were quite... exhausted with each other...”

silence.

...

...

...

...

...

“i'm well familiar with this... it's the same situation my parents had...” he hears beomgyu whisper in a low voice, “i didn't expect to feel like that once again, i hated it...”

taehyun felt so lost in the thoughts that he couldn't even respond.

beomgyu stood up from the bench, which caused taehyun to snap back into reality.

beomgyu walked around like a child — small steps, arms were out as if he was trying to balance himself, watching his shadow, that barely seen from the light snow, as he moved.

he could only walk a few steps, before falling onto the floor. it had send taehyun into a panic, causing him to run towards his lover.

no...

beomgyu pulled on taehyun's shirt, making him sit down in front of him. taehyun wrapped his arms around beomgyu's slightly shaking body. and as for beomgyu, he was holding onto taehyun's shirt.

burying his face on taehyun's chest. taehyun's scent had always calmed him.

“the doctor said i wasn't getting any better...” beomgyu whispered, loud enough for taehyun to hear. taehyun could only hug his lover tighter, closing his eyes, biting the inside of his cheeks to stop himself from tearing up.

please... no...

beomgyu hugged him, sobbing, “i-i don't want to die yet...”

“no, no... you're not dying...” taehyun whispered to him, kissing the top of his head, “i'm still not done loving you... and i'm not planning on letting you go so soon.”

“i don't want to be alone anymore! p-please don't leave... me..!”

i won't leave you, not anymore.

~ • ~ • ~

i failed my math exam lol

anyways, stream sugar rush ride 💃✨