Hurricane and Wanderlust

The little prince was sleeping comfortably in the warm bed, the storm outside growing wild; A sound could be heard of someone knocking at the window, calling out for the boy.

Sanji woke up in panic, and his head whips to the source of the sound; he sees the ghastly face of an old woman wearing all black, boils littered her face and hands, staring at him from the other side of the window and it made him grip at his blanket tighter.

He noticed she was in pain but he was hesitant to let a stranger enter his room.

He mustered up the courage and asked her to come in, opening the large window.

She jumped in the room and cursed at him for not letting her in sooner.

She saw the panic in the little boy's eyes; he started screaming for his father to save him.

"YOU WRETCHED LITTLE BOY, HOW DARE YOU DOUBT MY INTENTIONS. "

"I didn't mean to-"

As the lightning strikes grew louder, the fear settled in Sanji's bones of something horrible about to happen, he felt tears roll down his cheeks, his vision blurs.

He stares at her rage filled bloodshot red eyes her skin moves and morphs in ways as if something crawls beneath the surface and then the woman roars out a prophecy.

" YOU THE ONE WHO JUDGES PEOPLE BY THEIR APPEARANCE, WILL BE OSTRACIZED BY SOCIETY UNTIL THE DAY SOMEONE LOOKS BEYOND IT AND FALLS IN LOVE WITH YOU. ONLY TRUE LOVE CAN BREAK THIS CURSE OTHERWISE ON THE DAY OF YOUR 21ST BIRTHDAY, "

The woman shoves a rose in Sanji's small hand who grabs onto it as tightly as he had held his blanket and says

" WHEN THE FINAL PETAL OF THIS
ROSE WITHERS AWAY, YOUR CURSE WILL BECOME PERMANENT. "

She snaps her fingers, which causes smoke and sparks of green to emit from her hands to Sanji's small form.

Sanji breaks out in sobs. He screams and cries as his hands mutilate showing shades of green, his nails turning into claws and similar mutilation can be seen in his feet. He grows larger than any 6 year old should be and his teeth stick out as if of a beast's.

The king walks in and screams at the sight, especially Sanji being the way that he is.

The woman then proceeds to turn every other human present in the mansion into items, erasing their memories as well in the process. She puts on a charm which creates a thick forest full of hungry beasts, making anyone unable to reach the palace.

Sanji cries and cries till he can't cry anymore.

A stormy night, Sanji shivers these kinds of nights always bringing him anxiety, reliving memories he's burdened to live with for the rest of his life.

He's 20 now, soon to be 21.

He thinks to himself as he stares at the rose encased in glass. The final petals hang onto it for dear life.

He'll never find love the way he looks right now. Forget about finding love, he can't even think of befriending anyone.

He hears an insistent knock at the window of his bedroom.

He rushes there and looks to see it's a boy, a teenager probably, asking for help in the raging storm.

He covers himself with his cloak and takes a candle to the window to see more clearly.

The boy is taken aback but he sees his eyes sparkle and then he flashes a smile.

Sanji opens the window letting the boy in, his clothes are soaked from the rain, water droplets wet the floor of the mansion as he walks with his dirty Muddy sandals and Sanji feels a little queasy at the sight.