Heed No Warning

Luffy was always on the skinny side despite his appetite, he probably always burned the calories away with how active he was but this was not those times.

He looks weak and fragile and Sanji didn't know what to do with himself.

He supported Luffy on his shoulders to take him upstairs.

" How, why, "

Wait why is he here.

The items all whisper around, they'd heard Sanji's declaration saying he'd kick him out.

" You sshouldn't be here, "

Sanji says in a low voice.

" I wanted to see you, "

" You could jusst call me, I'd-"

Come pick you up.

Is what he wanted to say. But he doesn't have the heart to.

He lays him down and takes another look at him. He's almost unrecognisable, sure he still has his bright dark eyes full of life yet this is not the Luffy Sanji is used to seeing.

" Shishishi I sneaked out, away from Ace. I wanted to see you, Sanji, "

" You sshould've just sstayed under their care, I'm no doctor. Im-"

I'm just a monster.

" I'll be fine I just need meat, "

" When wass the last time you ate? "

Luffy's stomach growled at that.

Sanji rushes to the kitchen, whipping up food that'd be easy on his stomach.

Sanji thinks of calling a doctor. Yet it'd be best just to send him back to Ace who had been taking care of him.

" You're gonna call your brother and you're gonna go back home, get better, "

Sanji says as he hands him a bowl of porridge, Luffy pouts at his food, sad that it's not meat.

" It'ss flavoured with broth you won't misss the meat too much hopefully, "

Luffy reluctantly eats, food is something Luffy never says no to, but Sanji's cooking is on a whole different level.

So he finishes up the food and lays down again to rest.

His hands still shows discoloration and bruising but he doesn't feel as bad as people make it out to be.

" You're kicking me out again, "

"Yess, thiss time I am kicking you out. You sshouldn't sstay here, go back home, "

" But I don't want to go back, "

"Too bad, you have to. I don't want to ssee you anymore, you hog up all my sspace. I like being alone, "

It's not true. It's not true. Sanji's mind chants.

Luffy laughs,

" You're lying "

"I'm not, "

"Then kick me out yourself, I'm not leaving, "

Sanji just stares at him, a little dumbfounded on what to do.

Why does he always make it so difficult. It's never easy to tell him no. He just does whatever he wants to do.

" Hey Sanji wanna go on an adventure, "

" You are definitely not going on an adventure, you're going back to the hosspital. You're gonna heal, "

" And then come back and go on an adventure with you? "

" Luffy, "

" Whattt, "

Luffy just grins. He's still sickly yet it feels as if he's already healed, he's so bright, just like the sun.

And Sanji's heart aches. It's hard to do things you don't want to, but you must.

" Jusst leave already, I don't want you here, "
" But I want to be here, "

" What if you get hurt again? What will I do? "

" I'm not your responsibility Sanji. If I get hurt, that's on me. You do what you need to do, "

And this feels pointless. He's just speaking into the void now. Leave. Leave. Leave. He says but all the answers are just No.

" I'll call up Ace and tell I'm here so he doesn't worry, "

Luffy says getting up.

" Wait, no, "

"Huh? "

Sanji did not think this through. If Luffy does call Ace and say he's with Sanji, that might not end well.

" Don't call Ace. I don't want to meet him, "

" Why? "

" I have my reasonss, "

" No tell me. Did he treat you poorly? Well I wouldn't believe if you said that since Ace would never do that, "

Sanji doesn't know what to reply to this. Letting him in was a mistake, yet who would turn down someone like that.

Turn down Luffy.

" Let'ss go to Ussopp'ss place, "

"Ohhh adventure! "

" No, you're gonna call Ace and go back, "

" But that's no fun! "

" Let'ss jusst go, "

Luffy shrugs, Sanji takes out mutton again and they leave for Usopp's place.