IMAGINES- Legolas

He's an elf, you thought, cradling your knees. I'm a hobbit. It will never work out.

You sat in a empty room as the men recovered the wounded from the battle of Helm's Deep. Legolas had forced you to stay with the women in the fortress and wait for his return. He lived; so did Aragorn and Gimli.

You were so happy to see Legolas. You couldn't contain your relief. But Legolas didn't have time to celebrate with you. He had to help with Aragorn and Theoden. He left you alone in the room you laid in now.

He doesn't care, you told yourself. I'm only in the way.

Suddenly, the door swung open. You raised your head to find Legolas walking in. "There you are, Y/N." he sighed. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"I'm right where you left me." you said, placing your chin on your knees. Legolas knelt to your level, and stares directly into your eyes. You couldn't force yourself to look away.

"Legolas...I..." you started, but hesitantly stopped. Legolas deepened his gaze. "What is troubling you, Y/N?" he asked softly. You opened your mouth, but no words came out.

Suddenly, you heard him chuckled. Your cheeks turned red with frustration. You forced yourself to your feet and began to walk away, but were automatically stopped by his grasp on your arm. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked. You would not meet his eyes, and lowered your head farther towards the stone floor.

"Y/N." Legolas's voice sounded concerned. He knelt down again and swallowed you in his strong, yet soft, arms. You immediately begin to cry. You clutched the front of his shirt and buried your face in his chest.

"I don't care if you're a hobbit and I'm an elf." Legolas confessed. "I cannot deny my feelings for you."

"Neither can I." you wept. "I love you, Legolas."

"I love you, too, Y/N."