Chapter 67: Struggle

The last time you were fighting alongside the Traveler was when you turned into the Crimson Witch again, but that was out of pure anger and fear of losing Y/N. This time, her destiny was in your hands. With a big racing heart you summoned a few ice spikes around the God of Wishes, trying to get her into a corner.

She dodged them impressively quickly and shot them back at you. Traveler swiftly turned to your way and jumped in front of the returning ice spikes, parrying them. You were startled by their action and stared at them for a second, they looked at you and nodded, going back to attacking Velle. She blocked their attacks and summoned sharp rocky spikes at the Pyro Archon, you summoned an ice-like whip, destroying the spikes that were about to hit her.
Murata summoned her pyro sword and attacked Velle head on, they had an intense sword fight that the Traveler and you couldn't keep up with, yet you two tried your best to keep pushing the God to their limits.

Velle summoned a shield but didn't use it to block the attack from Murata, she threw it into her direction to distract her while she planned to stab her in the back with crystallised spikes. Traveler was thankfully fast enough to pull Murata away from her and move her to safety. You made an icy cold mist, making it hard for Velle to see you. You moved around swiftly keeping an eye for any open spots that you could attack.

"Ice Lady look out!" you heard Iansan yell in panic. You were confused and saw that the person you kept your eyes on was just an illusion, the God was behind you, striking at you with her sword. Your eye widened, kicking them quickly on the floor while she scraped your arm with her sword. The wound hurt and started to bleed, not stopping, but there wasn't time for your own pain. You held down the God with ice chains and sighed in relief, but she didn't struggle at all, she just stared at you in silence, slowly standing up while the chains melted.

"W-What...how–" you backed away and glared at her.

"You don't want to hurt her, stop trying." Velle spoke, staring deeply into your eye.

You frowned and groaned in anger, "You don't know anything about us."

"I know enough to be sure that your attacks against me are pathetic."

You didn't answer, you tried to keep your calm. Usually Y/N would be here to help you, but she wasn't. She was trapped and gone.

'Since when have I started to rely on another person...?'

You thought of how Y/N helped you all the time, even in the times where you were mean to her and always gave her the cold shoulder. Her kindness to you was undeserving. She deserved someone who cares for her, loves her and took care of her.

'She took over my heart so easily..this girl...' you softly chuckled to yourself. Velle tilted her head and was confused.

"You're right, I would never hurt her. And I never will." you looked at the God and lifted your hand, summoning a big spear of ice above her, "But you're not her" you smiled at the God, winking before striking the spear at her.

She barely dodged the spear, falling back a few steps with a big fresh wound on her shoulder, the God groaned and looked up at you, "I forgot how smart you were.."

You smiled at her and summoned more big spears, letting them surround Velle. With a snap of your fingers, they struck towards her all at once. You closed your eye a little, not wanting to see the outcome. The mist around you disappeared, and you opened your eye, only to see an empty spot in front of you. Your eye widened and you turned around, only to see the God ram her sword at you.

There was no pain, just shock.
Shock from the person who had just protected you from the attack.

"Y-You.." you couldn't get a word out.