Chapter 6: Work

Signora stopped right in front of the Palace and turned to you. As she wanted to give you an order, a Cicin Mage appeared out of thin air.

"Lady Signora! Your help is needed outside of the City. Lord Tartaglia is already there-" she cut her off and just looked over to you. You understood her quickly and turned to the Cicin Mage, who nodded and teleported you away with her to the place which needed help.

Snezhnaya was a big nation with a lot of different parts. Dangerous, poor, rich ones and more. The part that needed help was of course the dangerous one. Agents were already there, fighting off Ruin Guards and more highly advanced monsters. Tartaglia was fighting off a bear-like monster, he was winning, given the conditions he had after your fight with him, but he was still being attacked by other monsters which the agents couldn't keep away that well. You moved your hands in a smooth motion, freezing the enemies around him for a second. Tartaglia turned around to see who helped him and smiled as soon as he saw you, then quickly summoned his water blades and defeated the frozen enemies in one go.

He sighed out of exhaustion and walked over to you,

"You've always been a good help comrade" he thanked you and looked at the others, dismissing them back to the Zapolyarny Palace.

"Thank you, Tartaglia. Although I wish someone else would also appreciate my help like you do" you crossed your arms and turned away, making your way back to the Palace. He walked after you,

"I'm sure she has her own ways of appreciating your help. You just have to be patient.." he tried to cheer you up. You just nodded and proceeded to walk, which began to be more difficult, the snowstorm in the area was picking up pretty badly and you looked around for a vehicle to drive you back.

"Do you see anything trough this storm??" you asked him. He tried to look around and pointed to one vehicle coming your way right on time. You two walked towards it and got inside. After a long while of silence, you asked him about his brother.

"How is Teucer doing?"

"O-oh! He's actually doing very good, you know him. He hasn't changed"

"Does he still play with dangerous robots, which he should not be put near?" you asked him while raising an eyebrow. He smiled and chuckled nervously.

"I'm trying my best to...teach him not to get near those anymore"

"Well? Is it working?"

He slowly shook his head. You put your palm on your face, also shaking your head, but in dissapointment. The rest of the ride was about you and your partnership with Signora,

"You'll do fine. I mean, you're even doing better than I am, when I'm working with her!" he pat your shoulder, "Also, nearly half of us Harbingers despise her..." he added looking away while scratching his head. Your eyes widened,

"How come? Yes, she is strict but...?" you were confused.

"She's not just strict. Her whole...personality!" he complained.

"I don't see a problem so far..." now you scratched your head.

"It's probably because you're always very understanding towards anyone and try to see the good in one, before judging them completely. Almost like the Traveller!"

The mention of the Traveller saddened you,

"Yeah...maybe..." you sighed and looked out of the window. He felt bad and thought of something,

"Hey. I think I've got an idea about your Signora problem" he started. You looked over at him,

"I'm listening."