Shivaay and Annika's marriage exposed

A/N: //-------------

One big loophole in the plot. Annika has already told the truth to Dadi about Shivaay's blackmail in this scene. But later we see Dadi behaving like she knew nothing when Om exposed Shivaay.

Background: - Season 4 Ep 8 Ishqbaaz

The scene starts with Shivaay and Dadi in Annika's house to take her back.

--------------------//

--Narrator's POV--

Annika is seen crying on her bed as the flashback of a few hours ago runs in her head.

The forced marriage with SSO and now the impending departure from Sahil.

She was crying at her fate, which has flipped so drastically that she is left stupefied.

She felt the solid ground has given away under her and now she is falling into an endless abyss.

Just as she is crying at her miserable fate, the door of her room opens, and in walks, Kalyani Singh Oberoi trailed by her eldest grandson Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

Seeing the elderly woman who is dear to Annika, she stands up out of respect and asks her what she was doing here.

Kalyani walks closer to Annika with a sweet smile on her face and replies that she has come to escort her daughter-in-law to her home.

Annika is confused at Dadi's statement; didn't they agree that they were only married for a day? Then how come Dadi is addressing her as a daughter-in-law?

So, she asks clearly, "But Dadi, this was a circumstantial wedding, and it was pre-decided that we will get married only in name. This has no basis and meaning."

Dadi, who is a firm believer in her culture and rituals remind Annika that when two people are bound together in front of the holy fire when they promise each other togetherness for seven lives when they exchange the holy symbols of marriage like the 'mangal sutra' and 'sindoor' then these things don't matter.

"That is why you need to come to your home," said Dadi again asking Annika to go with them.

"No, Dadi. I am in my home. I don't believe I need to go anywhere else" Annika replied.

"It used to be your home, now that you are married your home is where your husband is. That is the rule of marriage" --Dadi

While Annika was very respectful about Dadi's opinion there was one thing that she knew will change Dadi's mind.

"Dadi, I would agree to everything but you have to tell me if the marriage still holds value if it was done without my consent."

Kalyani was now confused with Annika's statement; she asked her for clarity.

And so, Annika tells her everything. She tells her how Shivaay manhandled her, bullied her, and in the end blackmailed her to be a part of this sham marriage.

When Kalyani heard the truth, she was bereft of speech.

What she had been assuming and what really transpired were poles apart.

She realized that while she believes in the strong bond of marriage, forced marriage can destroy the lives of people and should never be encouraged.

She no longer wanted to take Annika home, she was so angry that right now she wanted to throw her grandson out of hers.

She turned to Shivaay now, her eyes spitting fire as her anger rolled off her in waves.

"How could you Shivaay!

Reiteration-How I wanted it to be(Shivika FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें