Shivaay's Gift to Annika

Background: - Season 4 Episode 16

Shivaay and Annika are Married, and today is Annika's 'pagphere ki rasam'. According to Ritual Shivaay must give Annika a present.

A/n: I do not understand Annika's sadness on divorce, I think it was an apt gift given the situation in which they got married.

--Annika's POV –

I descended the stairs of Oberoi Mansion with Shivaay by my side.

An after-marriage ritual awaited me. The 'Pagphere-Rasam.' It is a ritual where in the bride is picked by her brother to be escorted to her parent's home for an evening, the ritual is considered completed when the groom goes to fetch the bride from her parent's house and brings her back home.

Unlike the other Rituals that we have had to perform, I was looking forward to this one.

Because from the moment I was forced into this marriage my greatest worry was my little brother Sahil.

Leaving him alone in that house with Sundari Bua around was the stuff of my nightmares.

I wanted to leave this place and return to my own house.

This marriage was not part of my plans, I was not ready for it and was not happy about it. If Dadi had not insisted that we take this sham seriously, I would have never returned here that fateful day when the truth of this marriage was revealed.

Marriage is a sacred lifelong bond, one that should only be formed by the agreement of all involved parties. But I was not in agreement and did not consider it as a bond that can be respected.

Alas, I knew I could not refute Dadi, hence here I am.

My thoughts were broken when I heard Jhanvi aunty ask Dadi about another ritual where the groom gives a gift to the bride before she leaves.

I realized that we have reached the hall and all of Shivaay's family was around us.

When Dadi agreed that a gift must be given, I scoffed internally.

Shivaay giving me a present, unlikely. The man was only capable of giving confusions, accusations and uncalled for attitude.

But seems like it is a day of surprise, He bought a present for me.

I looked at him in surprise as he called the help to bring the gift.

Everyone else too had different reactions to this revelation. Om, Rudra, Dadi, Jhanvi aunty and Shakti uncle looked pleased,

Pinky aunty looked uncomfortable,

Tej uncle looked curious, and Tia looked angry.

We all waited as finally the servant came in with a wrapped gift box and handed it to Shivaay.

Shivaay handed me the box and muttered "Your gift."

I took the gift from him and thanked him.

"Take a look first" he said in reply.

"Annika dear, open the gift and take a look" Dadi said enthusiastically.

Her enthusiasm was echoed by Om and Rudra.

Giving into this request, I untied the bow around the box and opened it.

Inside lay some official papers. For a moment I thought he gave me some property but when I read it, I was shocked.

'Divorce papers!'

'He gifted me divorce papers, well that is definitely unique.'

I looked at him in disbelief not being able to utter anything. I was conflicted on seeing the divorce papers. On one side I was hurt that he did this to be cruel but on the other I was happy, I got what I wanted.

Reiteration-How I wanted it to be(Shivika FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें