☆ FLUFF - DWAYNE HOOVER/M!READER

dwayne hoover x mute!male!reader oneshot

plot:

You meet Dwayne in the new school year as the only two mute people in the entire school, you introduce yourselves and exchange house numbers, arranging to hang out after school. Then Dwayne takes you to his house and you two hang out!!

warnings:

male reader, mute reader, no warnings really, takes place before the movie, maybe second-hand embarrassment, awkward ending because i didn't know how to end it, kind of short whoops

request:

SORRY I DIDNT SEE A REQUEST FORM ANYWHERE BUT COULD YOU DO A DWAYNE HOOVER X MUTE MALE READER FLUFF? 😭 IM MUTE AND ITS SO HARD TRYING TO FIND ONES WITH MUTE READER - calebs_cool0

note:

aaa, this request is too cute! hope u like this </3

second person POV;

You get out of your parent's car, your notepad in hand as you got ready to have to deal with the hell that is school. You couldn't blame the bullies at school much, not many of them meet mute people in their lifetimes. You tried to use ASL but barely anyone knew it so you decided to just use a notepad and pen instead, you figured it was the main reason some kids made rude comments about it.

Your family had just moved to this town mid-school year, you hadn't minded it much since your family moved a lot but you were going to miss one of the friends you made in the town you were just in.

You walked into the office and wrote something down quickly, asking where the counselor's office is and showing it to someone at the front desk.

"What? can't talk?" She laughed after she spoke, her laughter dying down when she realized that you weren't joking. She quickly points you towards the office and goes back to work, filling out papers and such. You knock on the door before the counselor opens it, smiling at you when she sees your face.

"Hey, kiddo! What's up?" She says joyfully only to be met with you scribbling on your notepad, she frowned slightly before you showed her what you wrote. 'I need my schedule' written in big letters on the yellow paper. "Your schedule? Why won't you talk?" confusion rang in the counselor's voice. You pulled your notepad back to you and wrote again, this time saying that you're mute and don't talk, she nodded in understanding and invited you into her office. "What's your name?" She begrudgingly said as you sat down in one of the chairs.

You wrote it down and showed her, she typed the name into her computer and found your schedule, printing it out for you. As the page printed she turned her chair to be facing yours.

"You know, there's another mute student here, Dwayne Hoover. I think you two would get along, I'll call him down to give you a tour of the school," She turned back to her desk, not even noticing you shaking your head 'no' so she wouldn't call him down. She did some typing on her computer before pressing some numbers into the phone and telling whoever it was on the other end to send Dwayne Hoover down.

You waited awkwardly in the office while you waited for the supposed other mute to show up, you nervously twiddled with your thumbs when you heard a curt knock on the counselor's door.