☆ ANGST TO FLUFF - SHANE/M!READER

shane ( stardew valley ) x male!reader

plot;

shane gets drunk and goes to his boyfriends house in need of comfort

warnings;

male reader, reader can be cis or trans, drinking / alcoholism, reverse comfort, established relationship

request;

Can you do one of Shane? Already dating but where Shane is drunk and confides in the reader that he doesnt feel enough for them or smth like that ^^ - _X3333

note;

shane is my favorite girlfailure

second person pov;

shane stood in his usual corner, drinking like always. he would usually people watch on nights like these but he couldnt bare to look at anyone around him, all he could feel was guilt growing in his chest with every drink he took. he said he was going to get better, he promised he was going to get better, for you.

shane felt like crying the longer he stood there. tears almost falling from his eyes before he finished his beer and rushed out of the saloon, and before he knew it he was walking the familiar path to one of the only places in the town that comforted him, your farm.

it was an ungodly hour of night and he knew you were asleep, but he was drunker than usual and there was no way in hell he could think long enough to realize that. he stumbled over his feet the entire walk there and even fell once times, getting dirt on his face and hoodie.

after what felt like hours for him, he saw the sight of your house. he felt a wave of relief wash over him as he struggled to your front door and managed a few sloppy knocks before waiting for you nervously.

you were groggy, you just woke up, why wouldnt you be? you checked the time, who was knocking on your door at 2 am?

you got up slowly, rubbing your eyes and trying to wake up more before cautiously opening your door, being met with the sight of a dirty, drunk, shane standing at your door. you woke up more from the scene and immediately took note of the dirt on his clothes and the smell of alcohol all around shane.

"shane?" you stuttered out, "come inside, its late, are you okay?" you rushed out, leading shane to sit at your dining room table before you go back to close and lock your front door.

"i just wanted to see you, sorry," shane slurred as he looked around your house as if he hasn't spent hundreds of nights there. you got a rag and wet it gently under the sink, rushing back over to shane.

"it's okay, what happened? why is there dirt on your face?" you asked gently, taking the rag in one hand and using your other hand to hold shanes face still. you carefully cleaned the dirt off of his cheek as he told you about how he may have tripped on his way over, and you try to stifle a laugh that he doesnt notice.

you finished cleaning his face put the now dirty rag in the sink before standing in front of shane with a soft smile.

"i think you should sleep here tonight, is that okay with you?" you asked, shane quickly moving all of his attention on you as he thought for a few brief moments.

"yeah, yes. please," the last word was almost a whisper, barely audible to the either of you. you nodded and held onto one of shanes hands as you signaled for him to stand up so you could help walk him to your bed.

"i dont need your help to walk," shane grumbled as he stood up with a few shakes, almost tripping over his ankles as he turned to walk to your bed.

"shane, my beds not over there-" you rushed over to the taller man, taking his hand again and softly leading him to where your bed really was. "it's time to sleep honey," you helped him lay down and get the blanket over him, starting to leave so you could get water for him when he firmly grabbed your wrist.

"please don't leave, not yet," shane spoke suddenly, his voice sounded shakey like he was about to cry which was a shock to you as he seemed to be fine just minutes before. "can you cuddle with me, just for a couple minutes," he finished speaking and he looked at you with big eyes, tears filling his waterline quicker than you thought possible.

"hey it's ok, i won't leave you," you comforted, turning back to him and quickly getting in the bed next to him. he held you close, just laying in silence as he held you for a few soft minutes.

"i love you, so much," shane said, his words slurring slightly less. "i wish i could be better for you,"

"shane- honey, what?" your tone was filled with worry, shane was perfect in your eyes. you knew he was trying his best, why would he need to be better?

"i promised i'd stop and i can't even do that-" shane clearly had more to say but he cut himself off as he started to hardcore sob. you didn't know he felt this way, you never knew he felt so insecure about his actions.

"you haven't done anything wrong, you're trying, aren't you? i'm so proud of you for just knowing you have a problem, i'll always be proud of you," you tried your best to comfort the crying man in your bed.

you rolled over so you could face eachother and shane quickly hid his face using his hand so you wouldn't see him in such a vulnerable state. he knew you were just trying to help but your words only made him feel worse, you're so sweet and caring and he can't do anything for you.

"baby please, talk to me, im worried," you spoke softly to him as you began playing with his hair and holding him close to your chest, "you're doing everything perfectly as my boyfriend, i love you so much. please, don't beat yourself up over this,"

shane removed his hand from his face and looked you in the eyes, speaking in a low but audible voice.

"i promise, im going to get better for you," his words were still slurred and he was crying, but you knew he meant it, you knew how much he loved you and it maybe he needed to hold you to realize that he could be better for you, that he could finally feel like he was good enough for you.

"i love you so much," he kissed you for a second, knowing that he was still basically shit faced and would probably get drool all over you if he kissed you for longer.

"i love you more," you kissed back before pulling away and pulling his head into your chest, laying down and pulling the blankets up over the two of you, ready to sleep for the rest of the night.