☆ FLUFF - STEVE HARRINGTON/FTM!READER

steve harrington x ftm!reader oneshot

plot:

You come out to Steve as trans and he's very accepting n sweet !!

warnings:

male reader, trans/ftm reader, reader works at the family video, reader and robin are friends, reader has a crush on steve, reader lives with his parents, kind of ooc steve, reader explains what trans is to steve, steve has a crush on reader, dysphoria, talk of misgendering/deadnaming, talk of homo/transphobia, "birth name" in place of "deadname", "m/n" used, takes place after season 3 but before season 4, crying, kissing, hugging, coming out, establishing a relationship

request:

hi so i'm trans, ftm and not out :< maybe a steve harrington x reader where reader comes out to him and he's super accepting and supportive - tumblr anon

note:

I tried to avoid deadnaming and misgendering as much as possible !!

second person POV:

You stood at the desk at work, wearing the typical 'Family Video' work attire (aka just a green vest over your normal clothes). Keith was stocking shelves and never trusted you to do more than check overdue movies and check people out, so it's the only place you ever got assigned to.

You heard the store door open and looked up to see Steve walking in, heading for the back so he could punch in and start working. You were relieved, watching with glee as Kieth headed to the back as well to put his vest in his locker and punch out. It was about noon so it wasn't too busy, you got off at 4:00, a couple of hours before Steve got off (3 hours, to be exact).

"Hey!" Steve greeted, still pulling his vest over his arms as he said it. Keith sludged out of the back room, his feet dragging on the floor like a small child being forced to leave his best friend's house. "Bye Keith," Steve called out as Keith opened the door to leave the store. Steve turned back to you, his mouth curling upwards in a small smile.

"Thank God I don't have to work any shifts with him, huh [birth name]?" You cringed at the usage of your birth name, just hoping everyone would finally realize that you're a boy by themselves so you wouldn't have to come out and risk being hurt or kicked out. You idly nodded and smiled at Steve, you two were close but you could never even begin to imagine coming out to him.

"He's not that bad, just a misguided nerd," You spoke, your voice breaking the short silence that filled the air. Steve laughed after you spoke, his laughter soft but not faked.

"Keith? Misguided nerd? Did he even let you do anything but sit at the desk all day?" Steve said. laughs breaking up his speech. Everyone knew that Keith was an asshole but no one ever really spoke it, just accept it as the truth.

"Well, no, but he can be nice when you get to know him a little more," You defended. You were being playful, not really caring if Steve thought less of Keith than anyone. "I think we've been talking about Keith for too long. Subject change?" Steve looked surprised at the suggestion but nodded and smiled.

"Yeah sure, how has your wonderful Friday been?" He asked sarcastically, every Friday working at the Family Video was terrible.