S12

The butterfly top mentioned in the chapter ^^

TW//violence

Music for this chapter:
The Motto - Tieso, Ava Max
Belly Dancer - Imanbek, BYOR
Can't Fight The Moonlight - LeAnn Rimes

Persephone's pov

It's Friday. 

Tonight the club is full. There're people waiting to be let it, still outside. My hands are full. I'm not supposed to do the shift around the VIP section, but we can't keep up with the number of orders, that's why I'm doing whatever. I wasn't even supposed to be working today, but Jeff called me and I decided to work for a few hours.

Plus I need to keep myself busy until Harry shows up. 

He was supposed to pick me up from the club anyway so it doesn't change much. I'm just here earlier. We'll talk somewhere private, but also somewhere where I'll feel safe. That's what he said at least. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good decision but there's no coming back now. I want to get over it.

The date with Jack was stressful for me. I couldn't stop torturing myself with what I did, but he wouldn't understand. What the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.

We left my apartment shortly after I gave him the final kiss. I've spent most of the time listening to him talking about himself, his job, and studying, but I guess that's fine. I couldn't be the one making conversation then. I took care of myself and got pretty drunk. He hates it when I'm in that state and it worked just the way I wanted. He refused to have sex with me and when we came back he returned home after dropping me off at my place.

I have really strong feelings towards Jack, but sometimes I feel like I don't get the chance to be myself around him. Most of the time he's picky about my music being too loud, about me wasting my time, and about the place I work at. It used to make me very upset when I was younger. Now I'm used to not causing any chaos. I guess we all kind of change when we meet a new person. I wanted to keep him so I've changed. 

He's super suspicious of me and he has his guards up. I know he didn't believe the word I said, he's not naive. I can tell he accused me of lying when I told him I'm going to return late tonight, by myself. He thinks I'm cheating on him. It hurts me because I could never do such a thing. I probably shouldn't refuse to have sex with him.

Riley is still clueless about both Jack and Harry. I haven't talked much to her. She was taking extra hours at the club and I was spending more time at the hospital, with Arnie. Our daily schedules weren't overlapping that's why it was harder for us to meet. I know that I have to tell her. Eventually, I will. I just need more time.

I move wet cloth between beer bottles and throw some of them out. I leave the cloth on my shoulder and stand on tiptoe and grab clean shot glasses from one of the shelves. 

The whole floor is shaking, everyone's jumping. 

I move past the crowd, shot glasses in my hands, the cloth falling to the floor, my little notebook in my red, leather pants, and my pen hooked on the thin material of my red top, in a shape of a butterfly. My upper wings are covering my tits, even though most of them are out.

My hands stand the glasses on the right table and after that, I'm walking around the space in case there's someone who wants to order a drink. 

I stay in my place for a second, looking around when I hear a voice right above my ear.

''I thought I wouldn't get the chance to see my favorite person in my favorite place again, but look at you.'' The roughness of his voice covers my skin with goosebumps.