S21

2/2 of the double update. Make sure to read chapter S20 first!!! This is a fun one and personally, this is one of my favorites. Longer one after those shorties.

Music for this chapter:
Kiwi - Harry Styles

Persephone's pov

I take slow steps, trying not to make my injured foot hurt even worse. Obviously, my parents had to make a super fucking long pavement, that leads to one of the richest houses in the city. Like that huge garden in the back wasn't enough.

Jake notices that there's something wrong and he stops. I raise my head to look at his face.

''What's wrong?'' He looks at my shoes, furrowing his brows.

''Oh, sorry baby. Those are not quite the most comfortable shoes I've had on.'' I explain, lifting my right leg, proving my point. We both look down at them.

''It's fine.'' He says and I give him another fake smile. He smiles back, giving into my simple lie.

I admire the job that I did on his face, covering the whole bruise. I'll call myself a makeup artist now. But no matter how good of an artist I am, I'll never change that bitch of a look on his face. Liars have it written all over their faces.

The smile on my face grows and he believes that it's because of him. I'm sorry that you're never going to find out why you make me smile so hard. The truth is, since we came back together I have more reasons to cry, rather than be happy. He has always been very demanding with me, but it was never that aggressive and I don't like it.

''Ready?'' He asks and I nod my head.

''I've never been more ready, baby.'' I add sarcastically at the end, but he doesn't know what is sarcasm. Men never understand.

He leans toward me to kiss my lips, but I move my head and he kisses my cheek.

Thanks, asshole. I was sitting and doing that makeup for so long, for you just to lick it off my face.

We reach the door and knock, waiting for someone to open them.

I know that for most people home means being themselves, coming whenever they want, and having a simple, careless conversation with parents about the stupid things that you did out there as a young adult. In my childhood house, ever since I was a little girl I learned how to be a good girl, how to act like a lady. Which for my parents means doing nothing that you would never have the courage to do around other people.

My mother comes to the door, and I see her through the glass. Smile on her face and then she opens the door. She opens her arms as well, showing us that we're more than welcome.

''Oh, kids!'' She says, a little bit too loud in my opinion, and lets us inside. The marble floor is so clean, I could watch my own underwear in it if my dress wasn't that long.

''Hi.'' I say, while Jack greets my mother with a serious 'good evening'.

She hugs him first, focusing on him. It's like he's her child, not me. Just because he's a man. That's so feministic, considering that she's a woman. Right? 

''Were you visiting the gym more often lately? You look great.'' She says, touching his bicep and I stop myself from laughing. 

This is so embarrassing, I'm going to dig myself a hole and jump into it before the actual meeting even starts.

No, mother. That's just from drugs. As well as his good behavior.

She looks away from him and focuses her gaze on me. The grin transforms into a look of disgust.