5

Neji caressed the dry ink in Naruto's signature in the slot for the husband on the marital scroll. His eyes drifted over to his still empty side for his wife. Then his eyes looked up at the thin silver band that would serve as his ring. Naruto was already wearing his as he had gone to clean up in the bathroom and give him space to think.

This is why people called Naruto unpredictable. He was far too good at this. Marriage? Of all things, Naruto wanted to give Neji his name. "It's tainted, our origins lost in time but I'm proud of my name. It doesn't hold the same power as the Hyuga clan right now but I promise you it will one day."

He didn't care about the status of the name, the power, or whatever political bullshit came their way. He was so overwhelmed by the fact that Naruto was so ready to give him a name, to share roots with the blonde.

He picked up his ring.

Plain.

He liked it. It held a certain charm that, unlike Naruto's explosive personality when in front of a crowd, captured the moments of peace that only Neji saw. He slipped it on, the ring snug on his finger. He remembered that morning of Naruto observed his hand. He was moved to tears.

He picked up the brush and wrote his signature, almost messing it up with the tears he was letting fall on the page. They would just need an official seal and he would become Neji Uzumaki.

Wife of Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto came out to find Neji wiping his tears. "Are you okay?"

Neji looked over at him before jumping into his arms. Naruto was caught off guard so they went crashing to the floor. The blonde hissed as Neji hugged him tightly. "Thank you," He blubbered.

"It's fine," Naruto wrapped his arms around Neji's lower back and sat back up. Neji straddled him easily a thoughtful expression came over his face before he cupped Naruto's cheek and kissed him.

Naruto's eyes lidded as he took in Neji's flustered expression. 'He's really cute,' He thought absentmindedly as the capitalized on Neji's soft gasp to slip his tongue inside his mouth. 'And sweet to taste. '

They stayed locked together, Neji trembled softly as Naruto took advantage of his mouth. He was getting hot, losing his breath before Naruto pulled away. He panted in a dazed expression as Naruto petted his hair. "The more I look at you, the more beautiful you are in my eyes."

Naruto wore a sincere expression and Neji didn't feel awkward about crossing their relationship into new territory. He tucked his head in Naruto's neck as they hugged on the floor. "So you don't want to be just my wife in a name?"

Neji shook his head. "If we're going to do this, then do it properly."

"We'll have to have a wedding," Naruto commented.

"A small one," Neji murmured. "I've always wanted a small one."

"Only the closest friends and family," Naruto kissed his hair.

"I want to wear a veil," Neji clutched at Naruto's shirt.

"Wish granted."

Neji chuckled softly as he looked over at the white sheets before brightening. He rushed over and pulled off the white top sheet and used it as a veil. "I want it in mesh, so when I cover my face you can still see through."

Naruto got up, smiling as he played along with Neji who was smiling more and more. Neji stood in front of the blonde, looking up at him slightly. "We'd say our vows before you pull my veil off," He looked pensive for a moment before giving Naruto a smile that left the Uzumaki stunned. "You've been the only person to hold me up throughout this entire saga and for that, I am willing to confess that I like you romantically."

The confession took Naruto by surprise. Words of affection were special to him. He doesn't throw them around randomly, in fact, Naruto has never said such words to anyone. Neji would be the first. "I like you too Neji."

The new Uzumaki blushed and threw himself into Naruto's arms as they started dancing. It was spontaneous and it was another side to Neji that Naruto had never seen. He was yet again faced with intimacy he had never felt before. He kissed Neji deeply, swaying slowly to Neji's pace as he held his waist and the back of his head. Neji's hands rested on his chest, clutching him tightly as he pressed himself closer to the blonde. 

"Naruto," Neji moaned slightly. The blonde pulled back, kissing his forehead as his face grew pink from their kiss. 

"You're going to drive me mad, you're so cute," Naruto confessed, his hands holding onto Neji's slim waist. Neji's ears were pink as he pushed his face to Naruto's chest, hiding away from his husband. "Look at you, my charming vixen." 

Naruto caressed his hair, coming to the fact that he was now married to his angel. It made him happy, maybe a demon and an angel could be harmonious. Neji believed in them and so he did.