---𝔳𝔦𝔦. 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"It occurred in the blackness of night, my lords, during the hour of the bat" one of the dragon keepers said when he stood in the meeting room in the red keep with the small council. "The thief eluded our pursuit"

"How was it possible that a dragon's egg was stolen out from beneath more than fifty dragon keepers?" The king questioned.

"It was Prince Daemon who was the culprit. Your Grace..."

"Daemon" the King repeated to make sure he heard well.

"The prince left a missive" the hand of the king announce and one of the other lords pulled a scroll out and opened it.

"It is the pleasure of Daemon Targaryen..." the lord started "the prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne. To announce he has taken a second wife after the passing of Rhea Royce. She assumed the title of Lady Sereia of Dragonstone..." at the spoke of her name Lord Corlys snapped his eyes at the Lord reading the letter, confusion filling his gaze as his brows furrowed and lips pursed. "Her Grace is with child and is to have a dragon's egg placed in the babe's cradle in the custom of house Targaryen"

"What in the seven hells?" Lord Corlys said fury marking his tone as he looked at the man reading the letter. His daughter was under his nose the entire time, with the rogue prince no less.

"Now we know who was been warming the prince's bed these months" Otto Hightower said but was stopped when the Lord of Driftmark slammed his fist against the table.

"Do not speak such filthy words about my daughter" Lord Corlys hissed.

"Corlys, please" the King tried calling his friend "This is exactly what my brother wants, to provoke me, to answer is to give him what he wants"

"The realm is watching, your grace" Corlys reminded him. "My daughter-"

"What would you have me do? Send him to the wall? Perhaps I could put his head on a spike"

"Daemon has seized Dragonstone, surrounded himself with an army of gold cloaks and has now a dangerous weapon-" the lord of Driftmark was interrupted by the princess who muttered something in high Valyrian.

"Which egg did Daemon take?" She asked the dragon keepers. There was a pregnant pause were no one breathed.

"The egg was Dreamfyre's princess" the man looked down "The same that you chose for Prince Baelon's cradle"

The tension in the room could be cut with a knife after they heard his words.

"Assemble a detachment, Otto" The King ordered through gritted teeth.