(𝕚𝕚𝕚). 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕥

Flashback..

Your POV -

I walked to the school gate, my head hung low. How was I going to face her this time? I knew that seeing her would be inevitable, after all, we were classmates. There was no escape to this situation.

Embarrassed, I grip my backpack strap tightly and sped up the pace.

Rewinding...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

That day.

You were shocked to see her. Now, your efforts of ignoring her had gone to waste. What could you say? You didn't have a clear reason to avoid her, or maybe you did. You just didn't want to admit the real reason why.

"I- I..." You stammered over your words, nervous and unable to answer her question. She waited for your response, the tension was pressuring.

"I...

I HATE YOU!"

You stood up from your seat, hoping it was enough to convince everyone. Having said that, you didn't expect her to react the way she did.

Hurt took over her face, her eyes were slowly filling up with tears, you felt the regret hitting you hard. Her voice wavered "do you really... hate me..?"

You wanted to say no, comfort her and tell her that it was all a lie. But you needed to do this, you had to distance yourself from her, keeping your feelings for too long would hurt you.

"Yes.... I do.."

Right as those words come out your mouth, the yoda-lookalike ran away without looking back. You didn't even realize you were holding your breath until you exhaled.

You wouldn't have known that this would be what led you to your current relationship.

-

"I'll be handing your test papers, but before that, I'll be announcing the top 3 students. First goes to.. Nam Y/n followed by C̶h̶o̶u̶ ̶T̶z̶u̶y̶u̶ and lastly, Byun Baekhyun" you searched for Tzuyu, a smug look on your face as you watched her expression turn sour.

Yes, this was the relationship you had today. A rivalry based on academics. How did it start? You weren't sure either, you just knew that everything started becoming a competition on who was better.

The subject didn't matter, nor did the situation. Left cleaning the classroom? You competed to see who could finish first. Dodgeball? Bring it on. Reciting in class for English? Easy. Athletics? Challenge accepted.

You never thought of why you kept up this facade for so long. Why didn't you just keep your head down, continue with the life you had before she arrived? You obviously couldn't avoid it completely, but you never had an answer.

You brushed it off whenever the topic came up. This was your only chance in interacting with her, or you thought so at least.

You didn't bother to learn about her, the real C̶h̶o̶u̶ ̶T̶z̶u̶y̶u̶. Not the one you fought with every day, the girl she was before you shouted out the very lie you'd been selling for more than two years already.

Hell, you didn't even know what she liked, or what she disliked, her favorite color, her hobbies, anything at all. All you knew was her name, and that was it.

This, this whole situation wasn't worth it. To hide behind hate? It sounded more of a disadvantage than an advantage.

But, like you always did, you ignored it and pushed the thought to the furthest you could in the back of your mind.