1

Ron kneeled up in the three he had climbed up in, he was covered in dirt, sweat and blood. The herd of walkers underneath him were passing by, leaving murmurs and growls ringing in Ron's ears. None of them had noticed the young male up in the three. The smell of dirt and blood hid the fact that he was very much human, with a beating heart and a thinking brain that seemed to be processing whatever it could. Ron's breathing was unsteady, as he held on to the oak tree for dear life. He was well aware of himself letting out small whimpers every time a walker bumped into the tree he was in, yet none of them realized he was up there.

The male's legs felt weak. They felt like boiling spagetti that softened by every second. Ron was positive they would give up underneath him at any minute now, yet he tried to fight back the urge to move. The herd seemed to lessen, since most of the roamers had passed by now. The big group of walkers started separating, and soon enough Ron could see small parts the green ground shining through them. He'd get to move on soon enough. 

About fifteen minutes passed, Ron was still up in the tree. The last walker passed by five minutes ago, and the young male took this as a sign that he was free to move on. Ron straightened his back as he looked around, latching his hands around the three and slowly lowering himself towards the ground carefully. The forest was filled with different shades of green, the sky was blue, and the bright sun shined through some of the branches covering the forest. It all looked like something you'd see in a fantasy video game.

Ron's feet met the ground, the feeling of not being able to fall down and ether break a bone or get eaten by a walker filled his soul. It was freeing. Ron let out a shaky sigh as he swung his backpack over his shoulder, stretching slightly.

Ron quickly swung the axe in his grip around, letting it land on his right shoulder to rest. The forest was quiet, and there were absolutely no signs of life traveling through the paths beneath the green trees. 

"Ron!" A voice that belonged to a man echoed through the forest, and the blonde male spun around, trying to find whoever had called out his name. There, between two huge trees stood a man with his arms crossed. His hair was long and curly, and a half face gas mask covered his sharp features, along with see through glasses that reminded Ron of something he'd be forced to wear when he used to have science in school back in the day when there still was a world.

"Mark." Ron smiled in relief after realizing that it was his friend. "Nice glasses." He said sarcastically, as the man before him pulled them up, slicking back his hair in the process. 

"I know, they are." Mark stepped closer and swung his hand up in the air, it met Ron's hand into a brotherly handshake. "That's not all though! I found-" The brunette male stepped backwards, with a finger gun pointed at Ron. Mark dropped his backpack on the ground and kneeled down next to it, before taking out a poster. "This." He finished the sentence, lifting up the poster for Ron to see. 

The poster had a few blood stans here and there, and it had begun ripping by the edges. Ron tried to overlook the small details and read what it said. 'Alexandria, sanctuary for all.' Ron froze, he had tried to forget about what happened back in Alexandria for the past five years. Yet he saw the faces of his mom and Sam every time he closed his eyes. He remembered the axe held by Rick cutting off Jessies arm to save Carl, the boy he shot. 

Guilt sneaked its way back to Ron. He was a kid again, with a gun in his hand pointed up at Rick. He was trembling as the man before him was telling him to drop the gun in a firm tone. Sam and Jessie were laying on the ground lifeless, getting eaten by walkers. Ron let out a sob, he wanted to hurt Rick, he really did, yet he just couldn't. It all went blurry as he tilted the gun a slight bit. Suddenly a sharp pain went through the left side of his torso and a gun went off, leaving Ron's ears ringing. He fell to the ground, the last thing he saw was Carl Grimes with a bloody face. He killed him.