10

Carl bit his lip. Ron had been talking about this feeling earlier. Something related to him, does it mean he might actually feel something for Carl?  

Don't get your hopes up. Carl thought. He's acted like a complete idiot earlier; it had helped him not feel less lovey dovely when he was with the blonde fuck. Now Carl just felt lika an ass though, even if Ron could be one as well, like the cigarette thing.

It had been quiet between the two for the past thirty minutes, it was nice. Peaceful. Yet Carl could feel that the blonde wanted to say something, yet he didn't.

"Are you uh-" Ron started. "Are you sure this is the right way?" He muttered. No. Carl thought. "Well, it might be." Carl mumbled. "I think it is." He continued. "You think?" Ron asked, stepping over a fallen tree in the middle of the street. "Yeah, I think so."

Carl's eyes quickly met a liquor shop, and he saw Ron discover it too. "So, we're lost because you don't actually know where we are?" Ron asked emotionlessly. "Well, I don't know man. . . That might just be the case." Carl said awkwardly. "And there's a liquor shop right there, just waiting for us to get to it." Ron grinned. "No, no we're not getting drunk at a time like this." He shook his head.

"C'mon. . . We're at least taking a few bottles with us. We'll get drunk later, not now. . . Please?" Ron smiled at Carl, who sighed. "Yeah, fine." He gave up. Scared of the thought of being drunk, even if he had been in groups that drank, he had never gotten drunk before. "Fuck yeah!" Ron cheered and started heading up to it. 

"You know, when I come to think of it. . . I've never seen you drunk." He mumbled as they got to the entrance, where Ron stopped to look at Carl. "And you surely have seen me drunk." He muttered, and Carl's mind shifted off to the memory of Ron the first time the group of teenagers were at the cabin. He was drunk out of his mind; Ron probably doesn't even remember it.

The 16-year-old blonde boy stumbled into the cabin again. "The fuckers really left." He frowned; with a bottle of the alcoholic drink, he had blended up himself. Apparently, it was just yeast, sugar and warm water. "I shouldn't have uh-" He took a moment to think. "Uh err- Been a dick." He finally said and looked at Carl. "This isn't even the first-" The blonde stumbled up to the brunette, grabbing him by the shoulder. "-time they just leave because I'm 'too drunk'" He muttered; it was hard to even understand him due to the alcohol that was making his body work in a shitty way.

"How about we go to the bathroom, and you'll sober up?" Carl mumbled as Ron tripped, forcing Carl to grab onto him firmly, placing his hand on Ron's chest to keep him up. He smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. "You shouldn't call Enid a whore like that, even if she did whatever she did with Mickey. . . It- it's none of your business anyways." Carl told the drunken boy, who let out a laugh.

"I'm so sorry for being like this." He mumbled, leaning his head into Carl's shoulder. "I just- Everything that has happened." Ron continued to groan and hum out random mutters that Carl didn't understand as they got to the bathroom. Carl sat him down by the toilet and kneeled down next to him, shewing on his lip as he watched the boy puke.

"I'll get you a glass of water, and then we'll try and get back. Ok?" Carl patted his back before standing up. He was grateful for not drinking anything. "No, no I can't go back tonight. My dad would-" Ron trailed off. "My dad he'd- He'd fucking kill me Carl, I don't- I- I won't go back tonight." He leaned into the toilet as Carl turned around to look at him softly, he seemed so broken. A side Carl had never seen in the boy shined through, it felt horrible.

Carl nodded. "Then I'm not leaving ether, I'm here for you man." He told Ron, before walking out of the bathroom. He quickly walked up to a couch and grabbed his backpack where he had packed two bottles of water just in case. "Thank god." Carl muttered, happy that no one had touched them yet.