8

Many months went by. Ron got the job as a gardener just as he expected, he hadn't gotten a raise ether. Just a gardener, working with dirt and vegetables every day. Ron's fingernails were destroyed from it all, they were all shitty. Even more shitty then when he was on the road. Ron didn't mind though, he had a home, got food, he got to live. It was peaceful, no walkers, no fights, no aggression other than when him and Sebbe got into fights. It actually occurred more than expected, he was a shitty guy. But then again, perhaps Ron was too, even if he had changed.

A bunch of people were sent over to Hilltop a few days ago, a bunch of fighters and such. Along with them stood Myles and Mark. Of course, a few were left at Alexandria, just in case anything happened, like Carl.

Ron let out a cough as he walked towards the gate to chat with Aaron, who was on his shift of look out. "Ron!" He yelled out from on top of the wall, quickly climbing down happily. "Hiya!" Ron said with a smile, sounding emotionless. "Look, we're out of can food. Honestly it doesn't even matter but this guy was heading off to a library and said he'd bring some can food with him if he found some, his dad won't let him go alone so I told him I had someone who'd go with him." He said, clearly hiding something. "Ok?" Ron mumbled. "And that someone is me, or?"

"Yep, yep you got it... You in?" Aaron asked, and Ron nodded. "Yeah, of course. We need a lot more to read anyways. Hell, let's bring the whole library." Ron told the older man, who laughed. "That's great. Honestly. Both me, and Rick appreciate it." Aaron smiled with a nod. What did Rick have to do with this?

"Who's the secret guy I'm going with? someone I'm unfamiliar with, or?" Ron tilted his head, and Aaron's expression changed to this awkward smile with a hint of pity. "It's Carl, he- He doesn't know but you're the only guy willing to go since everyone else is tired from former runs, or then they're at hilltop." He explained. "Shit..." Ron laughed awkwardly. "He hates me." he shewed on his lip. "But I'll go, it's whatever. It'll be a calm, silent run." Ron nodded, and Aaron broke into an awkward laugh. "Great."

"You're leaving in about an hour, be ready." He told the young male before him. "Oh, also. You should pack, Carl has a tendency to stretch his runs. Ones one of them ended up lasting a week. Rick was so damn worried." Ron nodded at that. "I'll go do that right now, c-ya." He gave Aaron a tight handshake before turning around to walk away.

The walk was calming and refreshing, especially when Ron knew he would do something else than digging up vegetables from the ground. This would be great! The air was fresh and chilly, forcing Ron to shiver slightly as the wind blew his way. It was beginning to become winter, hopefully it wouldn't be as bad as the last one. 

Ron did a little spin as he got into the house, he was excited. He sprinted upstairs feeling like a little kid on Christmas. His eyes glanced over at the guitar as he shoved clothes into his backpack, along with a nice book Ivy gave him last week, he hadn't began reading it yet. Within fifteen minutes the backpack was fully packed with clothes, a few more books than just one, three water bottles and two sandwiches. That wasn't all, in fact Ron quickly shoved down a mp3 player, it had great music on it and a warm blanket just in case the sleeping bag he was going to take with him was too cold.

Ron let out a sigh, looking at his axe laying by his bed. He'd be splaying walkers with it in a few hours. "Fuck, I missed you baby." Ron mumbled, grabbing the axe, looking at it like a piece of gold. 

Ron strutted down the road like he owned the world. He seemed so confident out of nowhere. He was going to go out there, and he was excited.

He let out a sigh as he got to the gate, meeting Rick's angry gaze. "Good luck." The man patted him on the back before walking off, leaving Ron to meet Carl's eye. He hadn't seen him up close in forever.