Surprise Success

"Hello, Twisted Wonderland! Niege Le Blanc here covering for Beau Libre' for tonight's episode of "Inner Beauty." Tonight we're going to talk about last night's wonderful display of talent, The Annual Charity Talent Show. I was lucky enough to get a front row seat and boy let me tell you I was blown away! This year's hosts were the amazingly gifted students at Night Raven College. My good friend Vil Shoenhiet, and his crew in Pomefiore showed off true acting prowess in a scene from "All for One." The young but brimming with potential Epel Felmier shined as the lead "D'artagnan" while Vil with his dark yet riveting performance of "Athos'' showed off his impeachable flair and unrivaled beauty." 

While the Royal Sword Academy student spoke, highlights from the performance with screen captions listing the names and roles, were displayed in the background. The pictures of Pomefiore ended with Epel and Vil standing center stage, arms raised to an applauding audience.

"Savanaclaw also stood out with their passionate and inspirational dance moves. The routine was choreographed by Savanaclaw's Dorm Leader Prince Leona Kingscholar, who took inspiration from the traditional dance of his homeland." 

More pictures flashed, this time of Leona in his costume, the regal gold colors shimmering in the light as his tanned skin glistened with sweat. His face remained as proud and confident, eyes full of intense focus and passion. 

"...and while the other dorms shined in their own ways, there was one performance that took me and everyone else completely by surprise with its simplistic beauty and raw emotion."

The feed cut to Yuu's performance, right at the rise of the chorus when her emotions were at their peak.

"The Ramshackle Dorm prefect, Yuuki Emcee, wowed everyone with this emotionally stirring performance of "Gales of Song" from the movie "Belle." As someone who works in the entertainment industry I was down right awestruck by the sheer power and angelic tone of her voice." 

Niege's face appeared back on screen, his eyes brimming with excitement and a smile bright as the sun. Behind him images of Yuu's face looped on the green screen.

"Everyone was buzzing about this newly discovered talent, wondering who she was, and what the story was behind her tear-inducing performance. Since I didn't know much about her or her dorm personally, I asked my friend Vil Shoenhiet to give me some insight. The Pomefiore student had this to say…"

"Yuu is the only female student here at NRC. She's an orphan that Headmaster Crowley was kind enough to take in and he permitted her to take classes with her familiar Grim as a kind of testing ground for her unique abilities. While she has no magical ability of her own, her familiar Grim has impressive firepower and he's been able to hone and control these abilities with Yuu's guidance."

Vil spoke into the mic that Niege held out. He still wore his costume and was in the process of wiping sweat and stage makeup off his face. 

"Impressive, so tell us a little about Yuu herself. What kind of impact has she had on the school itself?"

"I don't know a single student at this campus who doesn't love Yuu. She's been an inspiration and a source of encouragement to us all." 

"I overheard that you helped Yuu prepare for this event, is that true?" 

"It is, but if I'm being completely honest she didn't need my help. Yuu is a raw gem, and all she truly needed was a little nudge and encouragement to make herself shine." His usual professional smile softened as he spoke of Yuu. "I'm grateful though for the time I spent with her. It allowed me to see sides of her I never knew existed. Her voice is beautiful, this is a fact, but she's also diligent, resourceful, and tireless. During my own rehearsals she'd pop in with refreshments for me and my dorm mates. Her smile made the hours of fatigue, and frustration just melt away."