Chapter 14: Please don't strangle me with your bruised arm

You know what you are?

An idiot. My subconscious sneered at me.

Indeed I am. I hit my palm on my forehead abashedly, in frustration. The universe asked for this moment. Of course I have to embarrass myself every once in a while. The world revolves due to my idiocy.

I can't believe you did that.

I had called the admirer. I had muttered a 'Hi' and received a 'Hey'. All was good. All was fine.

Then why did I freaking cut the call!

That's debatable actually, he said my name. People you call unknowingly should not know your name. He knew my number, or my voice, but he knew me.

Wait, ofcourse he knew me!

Breathe. You're not making sense.

He would have probably been laughing his butt off at my stupidity, mistaking it as shyness. No one's blushing, admirer.

He must be thinking how eager I seemed. That was so eager of me. I should have waited until I reached home. I should stop beating myself up. But how can anyone be that stupid?

Okay, it's alright Joanne. You panicked, it's okay.

I sighed hunching my back against the chair I sat on backwards and hit my head on the table repeatedly. Sighing once again, I raised my head up still drowning myself in the embarrassment I was feeling.

I stood up from my chair when I heard footsteps outside. My eyes went wide as I tried not to panic. Quickly grabbing my cellphone and bag I looked for a place to hide, but the room was a square box.

I aimed for the broken window, quietly running towards it. The window wasn't that big, so I had to move through like a worm and hope I didn't get stuck.The footstep were still far, but clear.

I let my legs fall through the window after checking for any sign of humanity in the garden. Pushing my butt through the window my shirt rode up my waist and

I realized I forgot my bag, "Damn it." I said, trying to reach it with my hand. I finally groaned pulling myself outside of the window, trying not to fall head first. Putting one foot on the floor. The footsteps got so loud, as if they were right outside the door. "Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh no."

I quickly grabbed my bag and ran towards the door and stuck myself to the wall, hoping the door will hide me if it opens. The tapping of the footsteps reached the door, I had realized that, but they didn't stop there. They continued until they turned into a light thud.

I silently stepped forward and grabbed the door knob. Only once I grabbed it, the footsteps ot loud again, returning to the door. "No!" I whisper-screamed like that would help.

I ran to the window, throwing my bag out. I stuck my feet threw the window pushing myself through when someone caught the doorknob.

Was this the only room they had to open?!

My waist was through, all I had to do was jump out, but I was making too much noise with my elbow continuously hitting the frame making a loud ding.

The door flew open, and I stupidly allowed my head to fall backwards, seeing an upside down Reece looking at me with confusion. The quiet emo kid, as everyone called him. Must I say, he looked pretty scary toe to head, too. "What the heck are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I crossed my arms over my horizontal stomach. I must have been a moronic sight to look at.

"Are you crazy?" He questioned. I gasped narrowing my eyes at him. My back ached. Someone called after him. Before I had more people discovering me in the position I was in, someone pulled at my feet.