Chapter 15: Interruptions

Cover by @syndromes
Go get your covers made by this cutie. :')
_________________________

The next day I woke up, things were normal. Starting with Hailey waking us up using one of Jason's many torturous plans, that led me to suffocate her in a fit of fury and gave me the privilege to have Jason grounded.

I mean, come on, you don't use a girl's favorite shade of lipstick all over her face excluding her lips and get away with it.

But amendments were made and the day went on until they left and night rolled in as per usual cycle.

Before that, however, I made a small stop at Jake's house because the fact that we weren't on the best terms didn't settle well with me.

So there I was, knocking at his door debating whether I should have practiced a few lines to convince him. But why bother, it was just Jake.

The door opened revealing Jake with his blonde hair, slightly turning darker, messed up like he had no care, and a t-shirt thin enough to show his skin. And a pair of wide teal eyes displaying the confusion he felt.

His eyes went back to their normal size before an eyebrow rose, eyes displaying a sort of innocent curiosity. My own eyebrows rose and froze high above their usual position, as if not asking but demanding what was up. Eyes copying his innocence, "Missed me?" Came out a tiny voice.

His head tilted as he silently observed me. His eyes were narrowed as if in deep concentration, it almost looked like he was challenging me to continue.

Clear that he wasn't going to speak I continued with a sigh, "Are we going to crop out the hostility and become mates again?" Mates, really? I continued, "Because this is weird. Fighting with you for real, and you being all stranger looks and everything. It's not comfortable... at all."

He stood straight, hands jammed in his pockets and shoulders raised, he exhaled letting his shoulders rest. "Are you giving me the silent treatment? Because it's really-"

His hands quickly enveloped me in a hug as he breathed out, "No, I'm just glad you're here."

A smile lingered in his voice and on my face. My arms circled his waist seconds later, "I'm sorry, though," he mumbled in my hair.

About an hour later when Jake and I were in his lounge, I found my way to the kitchen. He sat appearing concentrated on his cellphone, "What's up?" I called out and he lifted his head.

Throwing an easy smile my way, "Ah, nothing." He threw his cell at the other end of the sofa carelessly. I shrugged, continuing to grab a cream roll. As I returned to the room he spoke again, this time very cautiously. It was to not let me have the wrong idea although that was the only idea i could have had.

"Have you--uh. Have you talked to Anne?" I gave him a hinted look trying to hide the bloom on my face. His face too was trying hard to control a blush. "I mean I haven't been -- oh stop that!" He grabbed a cushion and lunged at me when I wasn't dropping the look I was giving him.

___

"Do you though?" I asked as I was about to leave.

He looked up, "What?"

"Know who he is?"

He smiled sleepily, "You'd know if I did."

___

I was resting on my bed when Jason came out of his room,
"You're grounded."

Jason scoffed, "As if." I sent him a cold stare, "I have to meet up with Erica. Be a wing man and allow your brother to have his night." He gestured to his clothes to show he was dressed up and ready to go.