Chapter 5: Mission Find The Stalking Admirer

It was normal for Hailey and Anne to show up at my house. We'd usually make popcorn and set food, ready to watch a movie while everyone from school was at some party. We'd even drive around town or have a lazy day.

But when I woke up from my slumber four hours later, what I had not expected was to consider wearing an almost knee length teal coloured dress that two of my freaks bought for me, being considerate doing so, when they went for shopping because they suddenly felt the need to attend the party.

"All things aside, you went without me!" I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"Hush. See how pretty you'd look in it!" Hailey exclaimed.

"I am not going to go!" I whined

"Why not?!" Hailey whined back slumping with her arms dangling at her sides.

"Because you'll be there following Matt's every move and me? I'll look like a loner." I shrugged. "Anne, why are you agreeing to go with her?" They've been trying to convince me for over half an hour since they came.

But I can't go.

I shouldn't.

Right?

Anne shrugged and grinned sheepishly. Hailey spoke up "Joanne!" She whined and I heard Anne sigh audibly. "I wont follow his every move. But Matt finally invited me, how can I not go! He invited me himself!" She exclaimed, her eyes shining with happiness.

"He did?" I asked dumbly. Hailey sighed dreamily. "Wait, oh my God! He actually invited you!?" I asked excited for her as well as i jumped up and down on my bed. She nodded frantically, grinning.

"Then we must go!" I shouted not caring how loud I was. My eyes landed on the night stand. "But I can't go." I admitted.

"Why not?" Hailey asked.

"Because." I pointed at the letter on the night stand. "Read it."

With suddenly bright faces on seeing the letter, Anne and Hailey, both made a run for the letter as if it might disappear. Anne grabbed it first and opened the letter, both of them reading it intently when Hailey squealed and looked at me. Anne's jaw dropped to the floor. "You can finally find out who the admirer is!"

"I thought the same, but what if it's a bad prank?"

"We can finally bust him!" Hailey jumped up and went on victory dancing, completely ignoring my comment.

I rolled my eyes, "He makes fun of me at every chance he gets. How can I be sure he won't do that there?" Hailey stopped and looked at me dumbfounded, then she narrowed her eyes staring hard at the ground, indicating she's thinking deep as she leaned on the wall behind her.

As my stomach churned with anticipation, hoping she'd not assent to my point, I tried to distract myself by hitting Anne with a pillow who still had her mouth wide open in shock. Still not affected by the hit she looked at me wide eyed, and then she smirked, changing moods just like that. Grabbing a pillow, she hit me with it so hard I was out of my sitting position with my face landing on the bed and my body making an upside down 'V'.

"He's just someone fooling around." I rolled on my back when I finally heard Hailey. "What harm can someone, who doesn't even have the guts to talk to you face to face, do?" She said with a stern look, believing her statement. I relaxed at that, but the doubt still not leaving me.

"Uh, a lot? I don't know him. He knows me. If he spreads wrong rumors about me I'll never know who did it. But he'll know and he'll be able to make me the class clown in so many ways." I said. "Does that make sense?" I turn to Anne, who half shrugged indicating an 'I guess'