chapter 13

Ich malte die Tattoos auf seiner Brust mit meinen Fingern nach.

''It's weird how fast a human can fall in love.'' flüsterte ich.

Er seufzte und drehte seinen Kopf weg. ''You shouldn't love me.''

''I know.''

''How come? Yesterday you ran away when I told you it all was bullshit.''

''Harry, I can not just unlove you. It's impossible!'' ich zögerte kurz. ''But I better should do that, the situation in Germany is a bit different than the situation here.''

''What do you mean?"

''When I'll return to Germany everyone will act like those two years in Britain didn't happen. Life will go on there.''

''Why?"

''Nothing,'' seufzte ich. Ich durfte Harry davon noch nichts erzählen. Ich drehte mich um und legte meine Hände unter meinen Kopf.

''I hate it when you don't tell me everything.''

''Now you know how I feel all the time.'' schnaubte ich. ''What made you work for the mafia. How many innocent people have you killed? Where is your family? Aren't they upset to know, what kind of work their son is doing? There are so many questions you left unanswered.''

''Rebecca, that's none of your buiseness.''

''Of course it is,'' Ich stütze mich auf einen Arm und schaute ihn wütend an. ''because of you I have to go back to Germany, where my parents want to...forget it. It's none of your buiseness either.'' meinte ich gereizt und ließ mich wieder zurück fallen.

''Fuck it, I can't tell you everything!"

''Why not?" fauchte ich.

''Because...because you'll leave me then.''

Seine Augen vermiedeten meinen Blick und er atmete tief ein und dann aus.

Ich konnte ihn nicht hassen,egal was er gemacht hatte. Es interessierte mich nicht, wie viele Menschen er umgebracht hatte, wie oft er jemanden schon eine Waffe gegen den Kopf gehalten hatte. Ich sah ihn ihm nur das Gute, er hatte sein eigenes Leben riskiert, um mich zu beschützen und sicher nach Hause zu bringen. Gott, er hatte sogar wegen mir eine Kugel abgefangen.

Ich liebte ihn und nichts, nicht mal seine Vergangenheit konnte dies ändern.

''I have to leave you anyway.'' sagte ich schließlich.

''Kiss me.''

''What?" Es kam so unerwartet, dass ich dachte mich verhört zu haben.

''I said kiss me for one last time.''

Ich lehnte mich zu ihm und presste meine Lippen gegen seine.

Noch nie zuvor hatte er mich so sanft geküsst.

Harry

She was innocent. She trusted me and I couldn't disappoint her. Hell, she even loved me, but if she just understood that I wasn't worth her trust. That I was the guy her parents warned her about. That I was responsible for the death of so many people.

If I was her, I wouldn't even breath the same air as me, but she didn't give a damn about it. She always saw the best in people, even in me.

I had to join the Mafia. I had no other choice, life was hard for us, for my family.

My dad was an alcoholic, so mum raised us almost by herself. Money was always a huge problem.