Balls

Oooo I might actually draw my mini stories, ngl, having a picture here is cool-

Onto the fanfic at hand!

(this story is set in 21st century btw)

"Is this really going to work this time?" Jack thought as he sat by himself, once again, alone, at a ball. He rested his hands under his chin and sighed, "maybe I'll probably just die alone", he then completely dropped his head on the table, creating a loud thud, everyone's attention towards the second son of the king, Prince Jack, "I'm a hopeless case".

Alright, let me explain! Prince Jack is the second son of the King, the King's first son is Peter Kennedy and they both a have sister, Princess Dee (pretend they're all alive and happy, and that they actually have parents-). In this story, Peter already has a wife - Caroline and now Princess Caroline. Naturally, the King would be thrilled since he knew he would be getting an heir to the throne after he had died, but, he wanted to be sure about it, he wanted to be sure that his family would be keeping the throne, so, he tasked the second son with finding a partner. But, the only thing, is that the King wanted to try everything and anything at hand since Jack wasn't really interested in finding a partner at all. His majesty tried everything, from traditional to non-traditional ways. To him, parties and balls were the way to go, but hastily got desperate and tried using the internet - for once. From blind dates, to arranged dates, speed dating, Tinder, Twitch?- Jack had went through the entire list of how to find lover but failed to actually find them. The family had resorted to every option available to them but hadn't worked out in the end - so, masquerade balls it was (because why not, y'know?).

Today is another day, today is another ball (haha), Jack got suited up and ready to present himself to the public, again. Additionally, I'd also like to mention, this would be the last ball he'd actually be going to since he believed it was such a waste of time of even trying to find a lover, so, it was either this or nothing. He wore his best suit, a dark, rich purple fit with gold-like details around it, of course, some black trousers, dapper shoes and the main detail: his (again) purple and gold-like bear mask. He was ready to find love, maybe.

Since Jack was a prince, he repeatedly had this massive entrance set for him every time he went and left in these balls. Again, he walked down the long staircase, everyone setting eyes on this hopelessly romantic prince, the richest of the rich were here, all his connections and the King's connections gathered around him, he couldn't really move an inch out of the large crowd he amassed, perks of being a prince trying to find a lover I guess.

The ball went on as planned, dancing, food, the generic stuff you would do at a ball, Jack (somehow) wasn't really left alone on a table this time, multiple women had came up to him and even the friends he had helped him and looked up women for him to date, marry, you know it. The tangerine prince was bored out of his mind, he just listened to the people on his table, not speaking a single word. He looked around and envied the people smiling and laughing together, holding their loved ones, chatting with friends, he never really had any sort of deep connection with anyone, probably except his siblings, but weren't actually there since the King forbid that they interfered in these events.

As Jack was close to once again flopping his head on the table, what wasn't planned in this ball was when he looked around for one more time and spotted an odd purple figure in the distance, it hadn't looked like he belonged there, he was intrigued. He immediately stood up and slowly starting approaching the out of place figure, as he took a closer look, turns out he was just a cleaner in blue, but guess what, he fell hard and real hard for that matter. The cleaner's face, in all its purple glory, reflected in the chandeliers' light, his hair (he soon found out, as he swiftly ran to the over to the cleaner), soft to the touch, he pat his hair and gently caressing it, all the way down to his chin and abruptly making the next move: pulling him close with with his waist in hand. He carefully lifted up his chin and tried his luck (he had no idea what he was doing at that moment but did it anyways), "may I have this dance with you, stranger?". Dave felt his face go a bright red and had only managed to splutter out the word "yes". Jack at once made Dave drop his broom and got into a waltz position, ready to dance (idk how to describe it; sorry-). He had finally found his match.

The DJ (uhh idk what else it would be tbh-) put the spotlight on the two men and everyone moved aside for the newly made couple, dancing together, silent glances and looks were exchanged, but, in the lovers' case, eye contact, they longingly looked at each other. One, and a two and a three, they stepped, the orange prince couldn't resist, and, without thought, he pecked the aubergine's cheek, making him even more flustered. After the special moment they had shared, dancing together (and pecking cheeks apparently-), in the middle of the ballroom, Jack grabbed Dave's hand, "let's get outta here" Jack secretly whispered to Dave, leading the two love birds to run out of the ball and into the sunset.

Oh! And just wanted to add, even if Dave wasn't rich, he was greatly accepted by Jack's family and therefore, now named him, Prince Dave.