Chapter 4

I awoke with a pounding headache, groaning. The world seemed hazy and dim.

Everything last night came in fragments, in bits. I remember my fight with Lis, then drinking...what happened next? Why were we fighting?

"N-Natsu?"

Looking up I noticed Lucy, she was sticking her head through a doorway, anxiety etched all over her face. "Luce...my head hurts."

She smiled lightly before crouching beside me, a glass of water and two pills in hand. "I have some Advil. It should help lessen the pain; a little bit."

I winced as the pills slid down my mouth. "All done," Lucy cheered. Just as she was about to get up and leave, I grabbed her shirt sleeve.

"Lucy...what happened last night?"

Her eyes widened with panic and surprise, nearly dropping the now empty glass. "You and Lis had a...disagreement," she said, flinching as if someone had shocked her. "Then you left home to go to a bar and..." She drew one last breath. "Lis came and took you home."

I smiled, releasing her, which she looked thankful for. "Thanks, Luce."

"Huh? For what?"

I shook my head. The Advil had kicked in surprisingly fast; but my nausea was still there, just a little.

"I don't know, just...thank you."

~

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

I lied. I lied, and worst of all, to Natsu. My heart was hammering in my chest so loud I'm surprised he couldn't hear it. Oh, if he finds out...

The fire alarm blared and I snapped into reality to find my egg turned to ashes, smoke swirling. "Ugh..."

Someone behind me snickered. "Neesan, you were never good at cooking. Why not just hand over the utensils right now?" Looking behind me, I saw Lisanna.

She looked...perfect. Her cheeks were rosy, and not a platinum hair out of place. She was also patting her stomach affectionately; as usual. "L...Lis?" I whispered, almost expecting it all to fade, like a crazed dream. "Why are you--"

"Okay? Well, I just happened to be listening in on what you told Natsu and...we played kiss and make up, I'll just tell you that. And it's all thanks to you!"

I could feel my heart plummet in my chest. "Oh."

She grinned. "Baby mama coming through he--"

I grabbed her arm, making her stop. "What were you guys fighting about?"

She met my gaze, meeting it with her own iced-over one. "Now's not the time, Neesan," Lisanna hissed, pulling her arm away. "So just let me through."

I paused before finally backing away, defeated.

"Natsu?"

I peeked into his room, where he was sprawled out on his bed, watching T.V. "Luce!" He shot up suddenly.

I smiled politely and then entered. "Natsu, I have a question," I whispered, voice low so Lisanna wouldn't 'happen to listen in' again. "Yah?"

"How much of last night do you remember?"

~

(? P.O.V.)

I walked down the street, casually nodding to old classmates, old friends. Ah, this town never seemed to change.

Guess it's finally time to pay a visit to the pink-headed idiot.

A/N: short chapter! But I needed to update. Hope you all enjoy and Happy Shipping!