Chapter 15

(??? P.O.V.)

The phone rang once. Twice.

I already knew who it'd be, so what did it matter? I already knew what they'd ask, how they'd ask it, and what they wanted to hear.

By the third ring I picked it up.

"Yes?"

A sharp pause. I sighed, "It's just me."

They went on and blabbered about the same thing every time, and I could feel myself loosing focus, staring blankly at a wall.

But finally, finally, something they said caught my attention.

Murder.

"No," I whispered, voice suddenly piqued with interest, focused. "She has no idea."

~

-FLASHBACK-

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

The music was soft and slow, and in the dark room I could feel myself slowly growing sleepy.

"Lu-Chan!" Levy yelled, jolting me from an almost early bedtime. "Snap outta it! This is s'possed to be a party! Get a grip and dance!" Gray and Juvia were behind her, yet each were engrossed in deep conversation.

She pulled me to my feet and I winced. "This dress!" I whined, hand caressing my back, or the closest I could get to it. "It's too tight!"

"I don't wanna hear you whining. Gajeel convinced me to dress in this," she spoke drily, and the long haired man looked up as his name was called, hearing it from all the way over by the drinks table, and flashed us a cocky grin. The dress certainly wasn't innocent.

It was a strapless red dress that ended above her knee caps, and was obviously quite tight, meant for showing some skin. In short, Levy looked as if she were being suffocated.

I laughed at the thought.

"Lu-Chan!" She cried. Gajeel waltzed over, two drinks in hand. "Here yah go shrimp," he said, handing one off to her before taking a big gulp of his own. "I don't get one?" I questioned, arching an eyebrow. That cocky--"You don't need one, bunny girl."

"Wh--"

"A fine drink for a fine lady."

The voice was immediately recognized. Natsu stood behind me, all suited up in a black and white tux, although it made him resemble a penguin. "You look ridiculous," I mused after accepting the drink.

He snorted. "I'm aware. Lisanna got me to wear all this and didn't even show up!"

"Hey, I finally have something to thank her for. Dragneel, how tight is it? You look as if you're about to burst. Walk over to the stage and we'll all see if you waddle."

Natsu laughed, throwing me a playful punch on the shoulder. "You don't seem to be too comfortable yourself."

I rolled my eyes, frowning. "I'm not. Seems like you're not the only one who was stood up tonight."

"Hey! I wasn't stood up, she was just sick!"

"So sick people go clubbing with friends?"

He frowned. "Yah. I was probably stood up. But hey, you're here to hang out with. If anything, that's better."

"Who says I'm staying for very long? This dress is KILLING me. No matter what Levy says, I can whine all I want."

"Oi, I'm at least getting a dance. From friend to friend. And where is the little blue midget?"

Scanning the dance floor, skimming the people, the blunette was no where to be found. "Probably somewhere in a dark closet doing the dirty with Gajeel just to get her dress off."

Natsu's eyes widened. "L-Levy?" He said with a gasp, and the dry sarcasm in his voice made me chuckle, although it hurt some.

Then he extended an arm as the next song played.

'You Can Count On Me - Bruno Mars.'

"May I have this dance, m'lady?"

I grinned. "You're welcome to if you promise to take me to Vintage after. For going through all this, I deserve their pancakes." An image of the quaint little restaurant with the comfortable atmosphere and plush cushions popped into mind.

"Of course," Natsu said with a smirk, "I'll pay."

~

(??? P.O.V.)

Ah, the dumb dances. The dumb parties. Damn it all! Father, Natsu, Mother...

But honestly, a dumb dance with its dumb drinks and the dumb people there would be better than facing him.

Father.

"That Juvia girl...she knows. She may try to hide it, but she knows."

I sighed, drumming my fingers across the table. "What makes you so sure she does know?"

His eyes narrowed, angry at me for ever doubting him. "Do you wanna test me girl?" He snapped, and I shook my head.

His shoulders relaxed as I did so and he leaned back into his seat. "We must rid of her."

The image of the blue headed girl popped into my mind and I felt a surge of guilt.

"But Fath--"

He cut me off with an icy glare. "She must go. We can't have people like that running around. People that know. Not only will I get in trouble, but so will you, and we don't want that, now do we? Get caught and I drag us both down."

His words sent a violent chill down my spine.

He wanted me to kill someone. To murder someone, someone with hope, a future, a family. Someone who just was in the wrong place in the wrong time, and was completely innocent. Father wanted me to kill someone...just like I'd done with mother.

But in the end, I didn't have the will to reject. "Yes, Father."

He smirked, that sick, twisted smirk that made his eyes shine in a certain way, a way that you couldn't forget, a way that almost seemed to pain you.

"I knew I could count on you...Lisanna."

~FLASHBACK END~

A/N: Hope you enjoyed as always! Sorry for taking forever, I was going to make this chapter a bit longer so it wouldn't be just flashbacks, but oh well. It wasn't exactly a filler, but didn't have much present day action. I'll add some more next chapter; which I hope you guys are looking forward to! Happy shipping!

Q.O.T.C:

(A/N: TOO MANY OF THEM)

||THIS BOOK IS UNEDITED||