Chapter 9

Everyone left. They must've knew I needed space. I felt so numb.

I crouched down to be eye level with the grave, staring into Juvia's bright, happy eyes, full of hope, of love, of wonder. She had a future.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, placing my head on it, feeling the cool stone against my forehead. "I'm so sorry."

No one would ever respond ever again.

Her voice rang in my ears, every song she'd sing, the warmth of her lips against my own.

I finally lost it.

Unwillingly, the tears trickled down my face, wetting the earth. "I'm sorry." I whispered, hoping, praying she'd respond.

'Gray-Sama!'

The tears flew down my face only more.

'Juvia loves you, Gray-Sama!'

My heart ached, and I was now sobbing. But she couldn't hear me anymore. She'd never be there again, and yet I had a list of all the things I should've said.

"I love you," I kissed the head of the grave. Yeah, I love you was definitely one of the things I wish I could've told her more.

~

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

The apartment was quiet, and the silence was deep, and hung heavy. Lisanna wasn't home; she was out somewhere.

I buried my face in my hands. Thinking of Juvia, of all the good times we'd had.

How Gray looked at me with so much hatred, I could nearly picture him stabbing me, the evil cartoon character laugh cued.

I wiped at my face as I noticed tears had begun to trickle.

"Hey," I looked up, to see Natsu staring at me, eyes soft. "How about we go out somewhere? It doesn't seem right to just sit here and watch you cry."

I took his hand as he helped me to my feet. "I hope Gray's okay." I heard him whisper quietly, as if he didn't want anyone to hear it, but it just wasn't quiet enough.

~

The restaurant's lights were bright and blinking, standing out from the rest of the venues. It was small, and wooden, vintage paintings lining the walls. It felt homey.

When Natsu and I were younger, we'd always imagine that someday we'd own a business like that; just the two of us.

Now that dream is long forgotten.

I couldn't contain my excitement from seeing it, for that quaint little building held some memories I prized. I was glad to see it was still here.

A tiny, faded wooden sign read, open, the painted letters beginning to peel. When I opened the doors, the jingle of the bell sent a wave of excitement, but it felt as if I'd stepped into another century.

All the waiters and waitresses were dressed as someone from a decade in the '90s. The smell of fresh, spicy oak infatuated my senses.

"It's so...wonderful," I breathed, Natsu smiling beside me. A beaming waitress greeted the both of us. "How may I help you today?"

"May we be seated?" Natsu asked politely. We were lead to a booth styled to be vintage, and it was surprisingly comfy, the cushions so plush I felt as if they'd swallow me whole.

"Hmm...Heartfilia, since I'm paying, can I order for you?"

I eyes him warily. "How do I know it'll be something good?"