Chapter 7

I ate the soggy oatmeal with lack of enthusiasm. I felt...dis-motivated? Sickened? I couldn't find a word to describe the sinking feeling in my chest.

"Bill, please," I called to the waitress, who, hearing my order, quickly scurried away.

"Oh, hunny I'm so glad you wanted to spend time with me," Lisanna cooed, nuzzling into my arm.

Normally I would've done the same back, but I felt rather limp. "Lis?"

"Yes?"

"Did you know that there was something going on between Lucy and Gray?"

She narrowed her eyes curiously, as if she was thinking what to say next. The waitress hurried up to us and gently lay the bill down. I stared at it for a moment, lost in thought, in the depths of my own mind.

It felt wrong. Wrong to be here.

Yet I couldn't place why. "Babe?" Lisanna asked, shaking my shoulders a little to bring me to my senses. "Let's go home."

And in the end she never answered my question.

~

I awoke as the door slammed. I'd been in and out of sleep all day, wanting to sleep it all off, to ignore my emotions.

Lisanna and Natsu entered, and I brightened. Lisanna's stomach was a bit more obvious now; a small lump that was too round to just be fat. Natsu looked at me for a second but looked away, and I could feel my heart sink.

"What's wrong?" I asked, but there was only silence, and it hung heavy.

Finally Natsu left to go to his room and instead of following him, Lisanna sat next to me on the couch. "Did you and Gray kiss?"

The question startled me. How did she know? My eyes widened in fear. Oh my God.

"Lis--"

"Yes or no, Lucy!" She said, voice rising, not even bothering with the normal neesan.

"No! I didn't kiss him!"

Lisanna's face paled, and she was trembling with anger. And, in that split second, I saw father. I saw Lisanna towering over me, shaking with pure madness. Her hand raised; just like father.

My throat tightened, bracing for the impact. Bracing for her to hit me. To hurt me. Because I knew I deserved it.

"Liar."

Lisanna's head swiveled around to see who was there. Natsu was standing in the hallway, pink hair shadowing his face. "You lie Lucy!" He cried, and I could feel the pain in his voice, how hurt he was. "I watched as you kissed him. You have no idea how--"

"I'm sorry," I whispered, and I could see Natsu slump.

"...hurt I was." He finished.

Lisanna lowered her hand, bringing it down to her side.

I buried myself in the couch, too weak to face either of them. "It didn't mean anything."

Lisanna sighed. "I'm going for a walk. I need...a breath of fresh air."

The air was still stiff, still tense. When I heard the door shut I looked up at Natsu. "Natsu, I'm sorry I lied, but--"

"This isn't the first time you have, Luce."

My fingers began to twitch. "What? What do you mean?"

He couldn't remember, could he?

"I'm kidding, of course." He said, though his voice held no humor behind it. His eyes searched me, as if looking for a crack, an opening. I refused to let him in. "Thank you Natsu."

"For what?"

"For being here. Always."

The atmosphere began to lightened as he smiled, not his usual grin, but more of a soft, wistful one. "I made a promise, didn't I?"

I chuckled.

"Yah. You did."

~

(Lisanna's P.O.V.)

I walked over to the familiar tombstone. It was made of a soft blue marble, the words engraved were still readable, not yet weathered away.

I ran a finger over the picture that lay beside it, showing a girl dancing and smiling it the rain.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?"

Gray stood behind me, not to my surprise. I still stared at the picture, not bothering to look at him. She was truly beautiful; gorgeous. Her picture was captivating, you could feel warmth in it, as if the sun was shining through the rain.

"I did what you asked, Lis," I could hear him yell behind me. "Shh!" I scolded. "Let's not yell in a graveyard."

I stood up, still keeping an eye on the tomb that clearly read, Juvia Fullbuster.

Q.O.T.C.

-What happened to Juvia?

-What did Natsu mean when he said that this wasn't the only time Lucy lied?

-Why do I have so many Frozen puns?

-Is Gray working with Lisanna? If so, why?

-Why am I such a die hard NaLu fan?

A/N: short chapter, I know, but as always I hope you guys enjoyed. Thoughts? Comments are always welcomed! \(•-•)/ Happy Shipping!

||THIS WHOLE BOOK IS UNEDITED||