13

Chaeryeong's POV

I'm back at school today and I was busy in history class. I had to listen attentively so that I could ace the test next week. Right after class I went to my locker to put back some of my other things.

"Hey" I heard, I turned around and saw Yuna. I smiled as I saw her, I was happy to see her after all.

"Hi Yuna" I said with a smile

"Yeah umm, can you come with me later? to the café?" she asked me, maybe she wants to hang out

"Oh sure, want to hang out at my place after?" I asked her since I never really brought her to our house.

"Not a hang out unnie, you see, Chaemi unnie will be there at the café and you know why I need to bring you along" she said, it made me a little bit sad since we're friends now but she sometimes just asks me to go with her to get Chaemi's attention

"Right, almost forgot..." I said and bitterly chuckled

"Great, I'll wait for you at the school gate by 5" she said and I just nodded. She didn't even bid goodbye to me so I just sighed and continued to fix up my things.

Maybe I'm just a fool for believing that me and Yuna could hang out more as true friends, not just to be together to make her ex jealous. Honestly, I would love to help her but can't she just get over with Chaemi? should she really use me to get her and her ex back together?

"Seems you're too busy thinking" I heard and I raised my head to see Yeji unnie

"Oh.... hi unnie" I said

"You better close your locker, you might forget about it" she said

"Oh yeah, thanks unnie" I said and hurriedly closed my locker and locked it. I sighed once again and faced her

"Is there something wrong? want to tell me what's bothering you?" she asked me

"No unnie, I'm fine. Let's head off to dance class" I said and she nodded as we both went off to dance class.

After dance class, I changed my clothes and then went back to my locker to get the other notebooks that I left there.

"Ryeong, let's go to the arcade later" I heard, when I turned around it was Lia unnie.

"I'm sorry unnie, but I'm kind of busy" I said to her

"Why? is it something important?" she asked and I nodded. I don't want her to know that I'm helping Yuna again, She would definitely get mad at me for doing so.

"Really? well, do you have time tomorrow? we could probably go out together since Yeji said she had family matters to do" Lia unnie said

"I'll just message you unnie" I said to her and she nodded. She then left snd I fixed up my things before going to the school gate, I already told mom that I won't probably be home til 6 and she said as long as I get home before 7 then it's fine.

I was waiting for a while now and was deciding to leave but then I heard Yuna call me.

"Hey unnie, sorry for letting you wait, let's go" she said and I nodded. She walked ahead of me and I just followed her to the café that she was talking about a while ago. We entered and she ordered something for the both of us and got our seats. She was busy with her phone but then I looked around and saw Chaemi sitting along with her friends.

A waitress then went over to our table and gave us our orders. I thanked the waitress before she went back off to the counter. I looked at our orders and it seems like Yuna forgot about whatI usually drink.

"Yuna, what's this?" I asked her, referring to the drink

"Oh, that's a Caramel Macchiato, why?" she asked

"Nothing" I said and just took a sip, I'm not really into this drink since I'm used to having Iced Americano but it would be very rude of me to be telling Yuna about it.

As I was taking a sip of the drink Yuna ordered for me, I noticed that Chaemi and her friends kept on looking at me. It made me very uncomfortable and nervous.

"Yuna"

"Yes unnie?"

"They keep on looking at me" I said worriedly

"Its actually better that way unnie. They're noticing that I'm with someone alone and it would definitely make Chaemi unnie jealous" she said

"Y-yeah..." I mumbled.

We continued staying there and then Yuna immediately needed to go to the restroom. I minded my own business as I used my phone but then someone went up to me. I looked up and saw Chaemi's friends

"You, what's your name?" one asked with her arms crossed and eyebrows raised. She was taller than the other one

"Chaeryeong... Chaeryeong Son" I answered

"Even her name's like Chaemi's" the other said and laughed

"Are you trying to be like our best friend? you're such a copycat" the taller one asked me

"I'm not" I answered

"Really? but you definitely have the same first syllable as Chaemi's and then you act like her and now you steal her girlfriend" the shorter one said

"Excuse me, I didn't steal Chaemi's girlfriend" I said and furrowed my eyebrows. They were so assuming about this thing about me and Yuna

"Whatever, but just to remind you, you will never be like Chaemi. Hell, you look so ugly and don't even pass the standards as Yuna's girlfriend. I'm sure she's just using you" the taller one said  as the both of them chuckled and left me there at  the table.

I was quiet, I kept mum as what she said repeat on my head. She was right, Yuna was just using me for her to get Chaemi back. I felt like crying and I knew I don't want to be here at the café any longer. I quickly took a small piece of paper from my bag and then wrote something to Yuna. I won't probably be talking to her for a while, I knew it would just hurt me.

After writing the note, I left the café and went straight back home. Mom and eomma weren't around so I immediately went up to my room and locked the door. I felt my heart get heavy, was I really ugly? was I not worth it to be anyone's girlfriend?

I looked at myself on the mirror and started crying, they were probably right.

I went to my bed, laid down and cried my heart out. I wished I just never agreed to that stupid thing with Yuna. I was so stupid to fall for someone too quickly, to someone who won't even love me.