𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙞𝙭

Bright's POV
"Tu what the hell! Why would you say that?" I questioned her while we are inside of an office.

"Said what?" She asked, acting like she didn't say anything wrong.

"About Win coming to the wedding and being my best man." I told her. I watch a smirk appear on her face.

"Why wouldn't Win be there? You told me yourself that your divorce with Win was mutual and it was a decision between you in him." She remind me.

"I did but I don't think it's a good idea to invite Win. Besides he won't come anyways." I told her.

"If Win doesn't come, that's his choice but it will give the world the idea that you lied and you guys did have a rough marriage." She said as I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you choose to torment Win like this. Let it go Tu. Please I'm begging." I beg and now Tu looks at me angry like.

"That's the issue. No matter what, you still care about him. You once told me that he is your everything and you wouldn't marry me and now that you guys are done, I'm still not convinced that you are over him!" She sort of yells at me as I sigh of annoyance.

"I've done everything that you asked. Just please leave Win out of this." I still beg her. Tu wraps her arm around my neck as she pulls me towards her.

"No. I'm going to make you both suffer just like you did me." She whispered in my ear. She let go of my neck and walked out, slamming the office door behind her.

I sat down furiously as I struggled to untie my tie off my neck. I took out my phone as I read a message from Tay.

Tay- I'm behind the building.

I stood up and walked out of the office. I saw a black SUV and I hop inside it and saw Tay with two files.

"Here are the files that you wanted." Tay pass it to me. I looked at them carefully as I read every detail.

"What's the other one about?" I asked Tay.

"The other is Win's background and Zee is a long time friend of Win's family. He is known mostly in the U.S and China but he has some cooperations in Thailand as well." He informs me.

"How come I never heard of him? I have big companies in The U.S as well." I questioned Tay.

"He's a private investor and wants to be ghosted and that's precisely the reason why I can't find his net worth or how much money he really makes but Win knows him and they obviously have a history together." Tay explained and I understand.

I stopped looking into his files as I gave it back to Tay. I can tell he went through trouble to get those files.

"Anything about Tu? I don't have really any evidence to get myself out of this marriage." I asked him and Tay sighs.

"Unfortunately I don't have anything. I really want to help you Bright and I'm trying but these people are really good at covering their tracks." Tay tells me and I'm really disappointed.

I know I was going against tough people but it's getting ridiculous that these people have nothing that I can use against. How am I gonna get myself out of this? Do I really have to walk down the isle with Tu next month?

"Hey, I'm never giving up. I will find something and then you can get Win back." Yay placed his hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said as I hop out of his car. I'd made sure she drove off without anyone noticing.

                                       ************
I arrived home and I saw both my parents sitting on the couch in the living room together. My mother looking sad and depressed and my father looking angry and pissed.