Chapter 10

When Spongebob and Squidward got back to Bikini Bottom, things had finally begun to perk up again in both of their lives as the two settle down other matters first before talking to each other about their new relationship.

Such as speaking to Mr. Krabs about letting Spongebob go back to work at Krusty Krab and refinancing the pineapple home so that he can move all of his stuff back in place.

Then of course, rumors had gotten around to where almost everyone in town wanted to know what had happened to Spongebob during his leave.

So, for a while, it was like neither of two would ever get a break to themselves as Spongebob gathered around some of his friends to talk it out before heading on home.

"I'm just glad that you're doing okay, little buddy. You had us all thinking that you had left town for good." Sandy said, patting Spongebob on the back once he explained the situation to her, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs about everything.

Except for the fact that his reasoning for leave was due to his broken-up unresolved feelings for Squidward from a jumped conclusion that he thought Squidward had gotten back together with Squilvia.

Because he didn't want any of them to assume the worst out of Squidward or think that he didn't care enough to go out of his way to find him again.

"I'm sorry, I should have called you guys about where I was going, but I'm alright now. I just wanted to let you all know before everyone else in Bikini Bottom starts a riot with me going missing. He he." Spongebob said, rubbing his neck, embarrassed.

It may be cool for him now to feel special from time to time.

But when incidences like the Krusty Krab falling apart or an angry wrecked city comes into play.

Then for the most part, he feels pretty much bad about the whole thing.

"Ar! Ar! Ar! Well as long as you don't go running off, bumping your head on some rock and losing your memory. Then I think we won't have to worry about you so much, boy" Mr. Krabs half-joked as SpongeBob flinched from the word 'memory' in a shudder.

Right, he had almost forgotten about that day.

Which had been one of the worst for him.

To think that nobody would have wanted him to be around.

Or that anyone wouldn't have missed him when he was away from home.

"Oh, stop it. Mr. Krabs. Give the little guy a break will ya?" Sandy asked, punching Mr. Krabs a little on his arm, angry that he can easily pressure Spongebob a lot with his words.

"Argh, you're right. Sorry me boy. I was just joking." Mr. Krabs said with a pat to Spongebob's head to assure him that he was kidding.

"It's okay. I know you all mean well." SpongeBob said with a smile.

Even though his parents lived far away, he has a lot of good friends that he can always call his family whenever he feels homesick.

"Welcome home buddy!" Patrick exclaimed, a little late but still means it too.

"Pfft. Thanks, Pat. Really appreciate it." Spongebob said with a chuckle from his silliness.

"Alrighty then, why don't you go on home and get some rest. Tomorrow you can start again at 8:00 on the dot.

"Aye ye captain." Spongebob said with a sailor-like hand expression on his face as if he was soldier in the miliary, but really was just too determined and loyal like one.

"Good, I'll see you later." Mr. Krabs said before walking away.

"I got to go too. You call me when you need anything. Okay?" Sandy said with another pat before the two waved goodbye to each other.

Leaving Patrick and Spongebob left.

"Okay buddy, I need to do a couple of things, are you going to be fine on your own or do you want me to walk you home?" SpongeBob offered.

"Nope! I'm fine. I have a lot to do too. Like! Uh........" Patrick said with a long sound of thinking in his caveman-like voice.

Which told Spongebob that he may have to think about that question for a little while before he can answer it.

So, he decided to let him be.

"Haha. Alright I'll see you later then." Spongebob laughed and waved goodbye to him too as he walks over back to conch street.

To rest and get ready for the next part of his life.

With the one person he cares most about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, after Squidward and Spongebob were able to have some alone time, they figured some things out and settled on just visiting each other's house every night instead of moving in together, so that they could keep their homes while they were dating.

Until a good time, such as marriage or any other opportunities that awaits for them ahead.

So, with that being said, the last thing on their minds was the concert and one more other addition involved.

It had started the day after they came back to town on Thursday as Spongebob, who was watching TV and was snuggled up near Squidward's chest looks up at him from the TV screen once he notices his distress, right away.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Spongebob asked, in concern.

"Sigh. Nothing, I've just been thinking about a lot on my mind, and I don't know if it'll work out okay." Squidward said with an expression that shows how down he was feeling.

"Are you talking about the concert for tomorrow? Don't worry Squiddy, I'm sure that you're going to do great out there." SpongeBob compliments brightly to help him turn that frown upside down.

"No, it's not that." Squidward said.

"Then, what is it?" Spongebob asked, curiously.

"Y...your mom.....reminds me so much of mine. And... I haven't visited her in a very long time." Squidward expressed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well, if you want, we can go see her together." Spongebob with a sweet warm smile on his face.

"Really? Are you sure that she'll be okay with that? What if she gets mad and won't speak to me, I have been avoiding her a lot lately." Squidward said, worried.

But once again, Spongebob's high optimism reassures him otherwise.

"Are you kidding? Of course, she'll be thrilled! She's your mother. Who wouldn't want to see their own amazing son. I bet you that she misses you a whole lot and would be happy that you came by to see her." Spongebob with his smile glistening up like a radiant sun.

"Thanks." Squidward with a warm grin while leaning in closer to kiss SpongeBob on the forehead.

Making the poor little guy blush quietly with a soft giddy expression on his face as the two continued to watch the rest of their show in sweetened silence.