Epilogue

As always, the life that SpongeBob and Squidward are living within the small sea city of Bikini Bottom was anything but normal.

Except for of course, for the fact that it seems to get a little quiet from time to time when the two would spend quality moments in each other's houses for 'sleepovers' or 'hangouts' without any interruptions or friends to barge in on them.

That is, of course, if they're lucky enough to get past those like Patrick, who don't hesitate to invoke anyone's privacy anytime soon.

Which would resort to them barricading the doors and locking him inside his own rock-like home if they have to.

Although they were still not quite ready to move into one home together, it would seem that they have made it official to where they would stay close together as a couple, since they were next-door neighbors after all.

With their jobs and many of their friends keeping them from getting too close to each other so that gossip doesn't fill the town up in utter nonsense.

While others like Sandy or Mr. Krabs would support them quite often and even respect their decision to take vacations or whatever alone time that they personally need to themselves.

Their dating life from now have went on pretty well and fast forward for a while.

Then one day, within the next year or so, when Squidward decides to take SpongeBob to a nice little walk in the beautiful mist of the night before stopping at some point in the middle of the trail road to get on four of his knees and makes his speech.

SpongeBob's eyes then begins to widen and sparkle up like a diamond with joy.

"SpongeBob, we've known each other for so long and I want you to know that you were always my best friend. And I never would have thought that anybody else would be as good of a person as you are. Your kindness. Your patience. And everything else in between has kept me guessing what's next in my life. You've helped me get through so much and I would like to ask you if..." Squidward carried on his heartfelt speech until SpongeBob, who already knew the answer to his question, interrupts him quickly in glee.

"Gasp! Of course, I'll marry you!" SpongeBob responds in a voice so hyper, that it made Squidward laugh at his silliness.

"Pfft. I didn't even get to finish my speech but I guess that answer says everything right there. Here." Squidward said as he stood up from the ground and placed two bands on both of their fingers.

"Thank you...for always being a part of my life." Squidward said with a soft smile on his face.

"I love you." The two said at the same time in a perfect harmonic-tune before leaning over close and wrapping up in each other's arms with a longingly kiss to the lips.

Even though their journey to get to where they need to be may not perfect.

But it was enduring and meaningful to say that it was definitely the perfect date.