Chapter 18

"move on more steps, and he gets it," Shigaraki said his red eyes bearing into Rochelle's red ones Rochelle's eyes never falter Midoriya tried removing Shigaraki fingers but he only held his neck tighter "Deku, Rochelle? A friend? no it doesn't look like it "could you get off him N- nothing it's nothing I'm fine so... stay back," Midoriya said.

"I didn't realize you came with someone sorry about that well I'm off you know what happens If you follow me," Shigaraki said walking away.

Midoriya doubled over coughing Rochelle ran to her side while Uraraka called the police  "it's okay" Rochelle whispered patting Midoriya's back.

They had to shut down the mall and Rochelle and Midoriya had to go to the police station Rochelle said everything she knew same went for Midoriya as Detective Tsukauchi was the one asking the questions after it was over All Might met them outside Rochelle stayed back a little bit as Midoriya talked to All Might then Detective joined in on their conversation.

the doors slid open and Ms. Midoriya walked in tears streaming down her face"Izuku! Ms.Midoriya wailed hugging Midoriya Rochelle smiled slightly "arrange a ride for them" Detective Tsukauchi requested another officer "thank you for your kindness but I can walk home it's no big deal," Rochelle said getting the attention of Ms. Midoriya.

"oh Rochelle dear it's too late to walk by yourself, you can stay the night at our place" Ms. Midoryia offered "it's fine my neighbor will be worrying if I don't come home soon, but thank you for the offer," Rochelle said smiling before turning to Midoriya "see you Monday" Rochelle stiffly replied before walking away as the officer comes back with a car.

Midoriya could only frown as Rochelle walked away something didn't settle right with the smile she gave or her declining a sleepover Midoriya's heart felt heavier before getting in the car with his mother.

Rochelle walked away sensing Midoriya's eyes on her Rochelle sighed Before putting on her headphone and blaring music as she slowly walked home before making it to the front door of the apartment she was met with a man missing one of his arms as the sleeve just hung there and with his other arm knocking on her door. "umm... excuse me may I help you" Rochelle asked taking off her headphones placing them around her neck.

The man jumped before turning around "my apologies I'm looking for an old friend's apartment, and I thought this was it" the man explained before bowing "it's alright, it was an accident... Ummm... who's the friend your looking for? Rochelle asked "Evergarden Violet" The man replied seeming to unconsciously smile "oh she next door, I believe she is home if I'm not mistaken," Rochelle says pointing to the apartment right next to hers.

the man thanked her again before going next door Rochelle unlocked the door and closed it right behind herself before sliding her back against the door and realizing a shaky sigh leaving her lips the scene at the mall replayed in her head Rochelle reached for her necklace clutching it tightly "why was I so helpless, why couldn't I move why was I so scared" Rochelle cried not knowing she was saying her thoughts at loud or she started crying there was a knock on her door.

Rochelle tensed at the sound and quickly wiped away her tears before opening the door to see Evergarden Violet in her wheelchair "are you alright? I saw the news and the from the time you just came back home" Evergarden said Rochelle couldn't hold it in anymore and burst into tears.

Rochelle groaned before getting up a thick pale green blanket seemed to cover her Rochelle looked around the room unsure of where she was "good morning dear, a voice spoke making Rochelle jump out of her skin before turning around to see Ms. Evergarden and the man from yesterday Rochelle eyes widen remembering crying until she passed out "Good morning" Rochelle polity said blush bright red on her cheeks.