7

Adelia's POV: (yay)

Silena didn't seem to register Clarisses' words.

Clarisse threw her knife on the Ping-Pong table. "All of you can fight this war without Ares. Until I get satisfaction, no one in my cabin is lifting a finger to help. Have fun dying."

The counselors were all too stunned to say anything as Clarisse stormed out of the room. I was going to say something till she walked out. I only knew a few things about this whole Apollo - Ares thing but I feel like I have to back my cousins.

Finally Michael Yew said, "Good riddance."

"Are you kidding?" Katie Gardner protested. "This is a disaster!"

"She can't be serious," Travis said. "Can she?"

"This has gone to absolute shit," I said dropping my head. Travis Stoll put his hand under my head to stop me hurting myself. 

We'd been getting closer over the summer and he once had asked me to go out with him and we went out for a bit. He was super sweet but we both decided we were more best friend material. He was so bubbly and I was always on edge and he could never calm me. He hadn't gone through my darkest times with me. Unlike Percy. So, he was now officially on my best friend list.

Chiron sighed. "Her pride has been wounded. She'll calm down eventually." But he didn't sound convinced.

Percy looked like there were a thousand questions running through his head but I just mouthed , 'I'll tell you later!'

"Now," Chiron continued, "if you please, counselors. Percy has brought something I think you should hear. Percy—the Great Prophecy."

Annabeth handed him the parchment. It looked old and dry, Percy then uncurled it and read.

"A half-blood of the eldest dogs . . ."

"Er, Percy?" I interrupted. "That's gods. Not dogs."

"Oh, right," He said. Being dyslexic is one mark of a demigod, but sometimes I really hate it. The more nervous I am, the worse my reading gets. It was the same for Percy "A half~blood of the eldest gods . . . shall reach sixteen against all odds . . ."

I hesitated, staring at the next lines, since I was so close to Percy I could see the writing. A cold feeling started down my back, almost like a tingle.

"And see the world in endless sleep,

The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap."

Suddenly Moonbreaker seemed heavier in my pocket. A cursed blade? I was the child of a curse and my mom gave me this sword. What if I killed someone. I couldn't do that. Or could I? I mean my anger could so easily get the best of me...

Percy looked like he was going to be sick and I knew he was thinking about Riptide.

"Percy," Chiron urged. "Read the rest."

His mouth looked like it was full of sand, but he spoke the last two lines.

"A single choice shall. . . shall end his days.

Olympus to per—pursue—"

"Preserve," Annabeth said gently. "It means to save."

"I know what it means," I grumbled. "Olympus to preserve or raze."

The room was silent. Finally Connor Stoll said, "Raise is good, isn't it?"

"No you idiot!" Travis said smacking him up the head. 

"Stop hitting your brother!" I told Travis hitting him up the head. He glared at me playfully but then shrugged. I could feel Percy's eyes on the back of my head...but he could suck it.

"Not raise," Silena said. Her voice was hollow, but I was startled to hear her speak at all. "R-a-z-e means destroy."

"Obliterate," Annabeth said. "Annihilate. Turn to rubble."

"Got it." Percy said, "Thanks."

My heart felt like lead. I couldn't deal with Percy dying (even when I was angry at him), or Annabeth, or Travis or anyone.

Everybody was looking at Percy—with concern, or pity, or maybe a little fear. Hell Travis held my hand under the table.

Chiron closed his eyes as if he were saying a prayer. In horse form, his head almost brushed the lights in the rec room. "You see now, Percy, why we thought it best not to tell you the whole prophecy. You've had enough on your shoulders—"

"Without realizing I was going to die in the end anyway?" He said. "Yeah, I get it."