Chapter 19

They continued with Clan life regularly, Tigerpaw assigned to the nursery bedding. It wasn't fun at all. Eventually the Gathering rolled around and Blackstar needed to announce who was going to the Gathering. Tigerpaw still was healing, but she'd just returned from a hunting lesson. It was fairly easy, although she wasn't good at stalking. Now, she lay next to the fresh-kill pile, cleaning herself.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather here beneath the Clantree for a Clan meeting!"

Tigerpaw sat up to listen as cats filled into the clearing.

"Two cats are ready to be made warriors."

Oakpaw and Firpaw stepped forward proudly, their fur neatly groomed.

"Oakpaw, come forward. Pinefoot, is Oakpaw ready to become a warrior?"

"She is."

"I, Blackstar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look upon this apprentice. She has worked hard to understand the way of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Blackstar paused for a moment, then continued. "Oakpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Oakpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Oaktail. ShadowClan honors your strength and loyalty and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan."

Blackstar rested his muzzle on Oaktail's head, and she licked his shoulder. Then she went and stood by the warriors.

"Firpaw, come forth. Icefur, is Firpaw ready to become a warrior?"

Icefur nodded.

"I, Blackstar, call upon my warrior ancestors to look upon this apprentice. He has worked hard to understand the way of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Firpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Firpaw, from this moment on you shall be known as Firheart. We honor your truthfulness and fierceness and welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan."

Blackstar rested his muzzle on Firheart's head, and he licked his shoulder. Then he went and stood by the warriors with Oaktail.

The Clan yowled their new names, happy for them.

Blackstar waited for them to quiet before continuing.

"The cats who will be coming to the Gathering will be Mintclaw, Pollenpaw, Whitepaw, Mousewind, Tigerpaw, Ashheart, Redpaw, Firheart, and Oaktail." Blackstar jumped down and walked over to Mintclaw.

Tigerpaw smiled, a happy feeling appearing inside of her when she realized she might see Nightpaw again.

Ashfur walked up to her then and started talking. "Hello, Tigerpaw. I wish I could go to the Gathering and see ThunderClan. You'll have to tell me everything that happens when you get back!"

She purred. "Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

He smiled. "Well, I told Starpaw I'd take her hunting later today, so bye!"

He turned and padded away. Tigerpaw sighed and sat down. Time to wait alone for the Gathering.

A/N:

IM SO SO SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER!!! I've had this chapter written for a long time but I wanted to have the Gathering in this chapter but I wanted to get something out to you guys before school started. :( I'd tell you why I didn't have this out but you don't want to hear my excuses so I'm sorry again.

On a happier note, a few weeks ago I went to a Fall Out Boy concert and high fived Pete Wentz! I was so happy about that and still am :)

Anyway, I have to go get ready for a soccer game now, but I hope you liked the short chapter which I'm still super sorry about! Also, I have something special planned for the Gathering ;)

Oh, and go check out WattyWarriors if you haven't already!

-Shadow