Chapter 8

In the last moon, so many things had happened. Appleheart had given birth to her kits, Oakkit, Firekit, and Birdkit. Ashpaw was now a warrior, Ashfur, Lightpaw was a warrior was well, Lightclaw. All the other kits had been apprenticed, and now it was time for Tigerkit, Blackkit, Shiningkit, and Bluekit to be apprenticed.

Whitesnow licked the last tuft of Tigerkit's fur down, then stepped back and looked at the four of them.

"There," she said, smiling proudly. "My little kits are all grown up!" She padded over to them, curling her tail around each of them.

Mintclaw, the deputy, stepped into the nursery and walked over to the family.

"It's time," he said.

Whitesnow looked up. "Alright," she mewed, "We'll be out in a second." Turning back to her kits, she asked, "Are you ready?"

They all nodded.

"Good. Come, now."

Whitesnow padded out of the nursery and into the clearing where she and the kits stood at the Clantree. Blackstar padded out of his den and climbed the tree.

Reaching his branch, he yowled, "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather here beneath the Clantree for a Clan meeting!"

Slowly, cats poured out from around the camp, looking bewildered, then surprised when they saw the kits and Whitesnow at the Clantree. Murmers went through the Clan.

Frogtail stepped forward and yowled, "You're really going to let them become apprentices? Nocat knows who their father was! He could be a kittypet, for StarClan's sake!"

Yowls of agreement came from some of the crowd. Others sat there, shifting uneasily.

"Quiet!" Blackstar yowled above the shouts of the cats. "Whitesnow has proven her place time and time again in this Clan. There's no reason her kits shouldn't! Now, if you'll let me proceed..."

The murmurs and yowls of the crowd died down as he went on.

"Bluekit, step forward. Until you receive your warrior name, you shall be known as Bluepaw. Your mentor will be Marshfur."

Marshfur padded forward from the crowd and touched noses with Bluepaw, then they stood at the base of the Clantree.

"Blackkit, step forward. Until you recieve you warrior name, you shall be known as Blackpaw. Your mentor will be Darkclaw."

Darkclaw padded forward and touched noses with Blackpaw. They joined Marshfur and Bluepaw at the Clantree.

"Shiningkit, steps forward. Until your receive your warrior name, you shall be known as Shiningpaw. Your mentor will be Dawnsky." He paused as she padded forward and they touched noses. "I know Dawnsky is young, but I believe she will do well."

Lastly, he turned to Tigerkit. "Tigerkit, step forward. From this day forward, until you receive your warrior name, you shall be known as-" Time seemed to slow down as Blackstar apprenticed her. His words seemed to drag through the air, like honey going down a tree. Slowly, then all at once. "-Tigerpaw. Your mentor will be Mousewind."

Mousewind padded forward and they touched noses, then joined the others at the Clantree.

"Bluepaw! Blackpaw! Shiningpaw! Tigerpaw! Bluepaw! Blackpaw! Shiningpaw! Tigerpaw!" The Clan cheered halfheartedly.

The mentors turned to their new apprentices.

"Congratulations," Mousewind said. "I hope you all will be good apprentices, and good warriors."

"Thank you," Tigerpaw dipped her head. "We'll try our hardest."

Mousewind nodded. "Now, how about we go see the territory?"

So, what do you guys think? Sorry for the long wait for the update and all the chapters with her as a kit...All the others had to be apprenticed first, so I then did a time skip. Hope you like the story! :-)

-Tigertail