Chapter 2

Tigerkit rolled over in her dreams, staring up at the sky. She lay in a clearing near the lake, pine trees bordered where she lay. The needles from the trees made a soft carpet for me to lie on. Tigerkit laynext to her littermates, Bluekit, Shiningkit, and Blackkit. They all stared up at the sky too, as if waiting for something.

Puzzled at what they were looking for, she, too turned her head back and forth as they were all doing. Confused, she asked Bluekit.

"Waiting," She replied.

"Waiting? What for?" Tigerkit looked up again. "There's nothing to wait for."

Bluekit didn't answer, just kept looking up at the sky with the others. Then, suddenly, lights shot through the sky, four, one from each territory. Tigerkit gasped. They all met in the center of the lake, above the Gathering island. The lights were different colors. They were white, orange, black, and grey. As they met, a voice spoke.

"Four will come and with them they will bring a power like no other. The darkness in the night will become light, just as the light in the day will become dark. The wind of the storm will become the fire of life, just as the fire of life will become the wind of the storm. A dark time is coming, one unlike any other before. Be ready."

Tigerkit sat bolt upright in bed, the prophecy still ringing in her ears. She got up and raced over to the medicine cats den, desperate for answers.