02 | CONSECRATION

YOU'RE INCREDIBLY INSUFFERABLE.

[ season 1 — episode 1 ]

It didn't take long for Mischa to catch up with Lissa and Rose, as she knew where they were heading. The cafeteria served human food for the Dhampir and the occasional Moroi while also having separate feeding rooms for royal and non-royal vampires. They relied on humans that volunteered to be their food, as they got a high from the bite and euphoric endorphins their venom gave off. The academy made sure the humans were greatly taken care of in exchange for the service.

"I'm back," Mischa said as she stood on her sister's other side. "Met our new Guardian."

"Yeah, who was that guy?" Rose asked, still annoyed by how he took her down so easily.

"That was Dimitri, my new Guardian," Lissa had to inform her. Then she glanced at Mischa. "Well, ours, now."

Rose actually looked a little bit worried, thinking that Dimitri was coming for her job. "Not for long."

"No, I know. Don't worry. You're still gonna be assigned to me after we graduate," Lissa assured her best friend.

"Will I? Maybe when Andre was going to be king, but now..."

"But no one can say no to me right now. Not after..." She trailed off and subconsciously reached for Mischa's hand, who squeezed back comfortingly. "We're just gonna have to ride it out for a while. "

"Besides, from the way Victor was talking, Dimitri is gonna be my problem," Mischa grumbled.

"But Mikhail!" Rose exclaimed, wanting to defend her teacher and friend's job.

"I know!" Mischa said with just as much enthusiasm. It wasn't that she hated this Dimitri guy — she hardly knew him. "But maybe I can talk to Miek, and we'll figure something out."

"Right," Rose nodded. "We're not gonna let Dimitri or anything else get in our way of our plans for the future."

Lissa hummed in agreement but managed a smile. "He is good-looking, though."

"I didn't notice," Rose admitted, shrugging. "Was a bit too pissed off, but I'll get a better look next time. What'd you think, Mish?"

Mischa shrugged while thinking back on Dimitri's features. She didn't really want to discuss how handsome she thought their new guardian was, so she reeled in her thoughts. "I like his nose."

"His nose?" Lissa asked, letting out an un-princess-like snort. "Fixating on one specific part already? You were totally into him."

"So, he's good-looking," she said, shoving her sister to get her to stop laughing. "He's also still a threat to either Rose or Mikhail."

As the trio made it to the entrance of the Feeder rooms, Lissa and Rose were still snickering. Mischa stepped up to the sign-in attendant and flashed her golden eyes, signifying that she was to be let into the royal feeding chambers. Lissa followed suit, showing her own.