21 | TREASON

[ first, yes, i changed the name of this book to lavender haze. the album came out and it is mischa and dimitri's song. i had to.

second, this is so short, and i'm so sorry. but i swear the next one will be longer and it WILL have more spice. there was just no better place to split the episode up, as either way, one chapter was gonna be short ]

☽︎

JUST TAKING IN ALL THE WONDERFUL SIGHTS THAT THE ACADEMY HAS TO OFFER.

[ season 1 — episode 9 ]

Mischa stood in the middle of a rowdy crowd, standing as stiff as a board as she stared up above. Her fists were clenched as she tried to contain her rage. Two days had hardly passed since Victor won the trials, and Tatiana retaliated by showing off a newly turned Strigoi Sonya like some kind of circus attraction.

While Sonya was locked away with an execution scheduled, the Dashkov family didn't dare show their faces. As if a daughter doing this wasn't bad enough, Tatiana also told all of the Dominion about how Victor was diagnosed with something called Sandovsky's Syndrome, which was slowly killing him. No one wanted a dying man on the throne if it were true.

Now, Tatiana was standing on a balcony above the streets and addressing the crowd that was split between her supporters and those that still wanted Victor as their King — the Elements chose him, sickness or not. Sonya or not. No amount of Tatiana's pandering could change that. So, to stop people from fighting, Guardians set up barricades and split the sides, keeping the two factions apart.

Mischa was firmly planted on the side that supported Victor, though she wasn't waving any flags or signs — or even shouting obscenities at Tatiana like many were. Though she had helped to pass out signs, many of which were pleading for more Dhampir rights like Victor was promising. While waiting, she just glared and pictured horrific things in her mind that would no doubt get her thrown in a cell if she went through with any of it.

It was amazing how just two days ago, Mischa didn't think she could hate Tatiana Vogel anymore than she already did.

As Tatiana spouted her bullshit, Mischa scanned the crowd, looking over to the side full of her supporters. Tatiana — Faith First. Non-Royals for Tatiana. The signs made her sick to her stomach, knowing that the woman above them would never care about Non-Royals and Dhampir despite them making over half the population of the Dominion. Perhaps that's why Dhampir didn't get a vote in the first place.

"Victor lied about his health. And what of his Strigoi daughter?" Mischa couldn't help but scoff at Tatiana's constant reminders about Sonya. "How can we trust him to rule the Dominion when he can't even rule his household? Will he even be around to rule? People are worried their province will be the next St. Jude, that their brother, wife, or child will become the next Strigoi victim, or worse, become a monster to defend against, like Sonya Karp."