an: the au is everyone is happy. also, the founding members of black dragons and oc are eighteen here.

🗀 Rejection: 1

A girl with long, lilac hair tied into a single braid, a black ribbon keeping her hair tied tightly behind her back with full bangs, light skinned and average height had her eyes trained on the kind of pencils she needed.

"2B...2H...4B...6B..." the girl muttered under her breath; pink lips coated in shiny gloss while her  perfectly manicured fingers of light blue in color helped her eyes look over the kind of pencils she needed by the racks.

"There it is!" She beamed to herself, the ends of her lips curling into a smile as she took stacks of graphite pencils into her own shopping basket. Straightening her legs up again, she extended her arm out to take a random white eraser, placing it inside her basket before going on with her shopping.

Her name is Mitsuya Airi, eldest among two siblings, three as the other is still inside her mother's womb. But despite still awaiting for the third sibling to come, Airi too couldn't wait to meet her. As she for sure knew that she and Takashi would love and take good care of their new sibling.

The girl continued to walk around the art supplies store - picking up a new set of oil paint and two canvases in 18x24 inches and 24x24.

"This store is so huge." A girl with medium length hair complained as she finally spotted Airi. "I was looking for you everywhere but I felt like I was going in circles!" She exclaims walking over to her.

Roa Rogers. A close friend and classmate of Airi. How did they become close? They've been classmates since the beginning of their high school year. Medium length black hair with caramel streaks, dark brown eyes, standing in almost the same height as Airi and is very good at hiding her secret crush on Imaushi Wakasa (though Airi knew about this), a student in the same year as them but in Class B.

"Are you done here, Airi? Let's go now! Or else Seiko will complain about us making her wait for too long!" The girl nagged, causing Airi to chuckle while going over to the counter to pay for all of her items.

"You're really serious about this aren't you?" Roa asks, standing besides her. "Does your mother know?"

Airi's facial expression changed as she slowly shook her head no. "I'm not so sure how I'm supposed to tell this to her. She's already on her ninth month, any given day she could pop my sibling out and I don't wanna stress her while she's recovering." The girl reasons, taking out money from her wallet to pay for her materials.

"You're considerate but then you'll have to tell her one day" Roa reminded her, turning her body to face her while a small smirk painted her lips. "So which schools are you going to apply for?"

"That's easy." Airi responded, taking a hold of her shopping bag by its strap. "Tokyo University of the Arts and Musashino Art University."

"Musashino?!" Roa exclaims, causing a few passerby's to look at her as they pass the two of them by outside of the shop. "How will you even get there?"

"That's easy again." Airi chuckles softly, "Do you know Mr Gold?"

"Mr Gold?" Roa repeats. "That hot and yummy teacher that the school invites for the Art club you joined?"

"That's right!" Airi responds, laugh a little. The two of them now heading towards the ice cream shop. "But he's married! The two of them met at MUA  before marrying. He and his wife used to paint together until she developed Stendhal Syndrome, causing her to retire from painting." Airi explains, "Mr Gold retired from painting too, he's the director of Museum of Contemporary Art in Koto City."

"Really now?" Roa asks "Man, if I was an art piece, I'd demand to be in his museum then I'd be on my hands and knees on top of a table, ass up and-"

"Okay stop." Airi spoke, hushing her. The two of them entered the ice cream shop and were immediately greeted with a loud voice that suddenly spoke them upon seeing the two enter through the doors.

"You two took so long to get here! I ate all the ice cream already because a melting ice cream is a no good ice cream!" A girl with brown hair and green eyes cries, holding onto two empty cups of ice cream.

Roa could only sigh while Airi sets her bag on top of the table. "It's okay, Seiko!" She happily spoke to her, "We'll just order again."

Seiko smiled upon hearing Airi's words. "A Hokey Pokey* for me!"

The two girls went over to the counter, ordering Seiko's request along with Roa's Twin Berry Cheesecake* and Airi's Love Potion*.

"Anyways, going back to what I was saying earlier" Airi begins to say, waiting for their ice creams to arrive by the corner. "To get into MUA, the fastest way is to have a recommendation later from an alumni."

"That should be easy for you then!" Roa responded. "You can just walk up to Mr Gold, tell him you're planning to go to MUA and then ask him to write you a letter."

"That's easier said than done." Airi spoke. "Back when we were in freshman year, the seniors in the art club told me that ever since Mr Gold handled the club, not a single graduate in our school has earned his impression to get a recommendation letter."

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

When the evening rolled in, the three friends went in different directions with the intention of going home. Walking briskly, Airi needed to get home quick and have dinner with Takashi, her younger brother.

Snap!

Her eyes widened in surprise, darting her attention down to see that one strap of her bag had snapped which caused her newly bought materials to come out and fall on the floor. Cursing at the situation inside her head, Airi squat down to pick up everything and place it back inside before turning to the strap, wondering to herself on how to tie a knot.

"Here." Said a voice from her behind, squatting down in front of her, taking the strap in his hands and perfectly tying a knot.

There was something about his looks that made Airi feel like she's seen him before. Tall height, black hair neatly styled in a pompadour, dry lips. She swore that she has really seen him before, but she couldn't recall where and when.

"There you go." The boy smiled to her, handing her her bag.

"Ah! Thank you so much!" Airi beamed, bowing her head to him.

"Are you in a hurry?" He asks, lightly scratching the back of his head. "If you aren't, want to grab dinner with me? I know a great ramen place nearby." He tells her with a smile.

"Sorry." Airi says, "I have to go home and cook dinner for my brother. He's probably hungry already." She says, quickly walking away until the same boy blocked her path.

"Wait!" He said, his eyes slightly wide. "Uh- do you have a boyfriend? If not, can we go on a date when you're free?" He asks her again.

Airi couldn't help but shake her head. "Sorry, but I can't date you." She replies, "I don't date guys who I just knew today." She added before overtaking him and briskly walking away. Leaving him completely dejected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hokey Pokey, Twin Berry and Love Potion - these flavors are based on real life flavors from Baskin Robbins! Hokey Pokey (white chocolate with honeycomb and caramel ribbon), Twin Berry Cheesecake (blueberry and strawberry with cheesecake pieces), Love Potion (chocolate and raspberry with chocolate chip)