Chapter seven: What Happened To Us?

Every night I put my head to the pillow and I tell myself that I'm strong because I've gone one more day without you.

*

11th of January, 2014.

7:00pm.

It was not the same anymore. It was never going to be the same.Something changed and I had no idea what it was. I wanted to know if we were okay.

Me: Hey (:

Him: Hey (:

Me: How are you?

Him: I'm good, hbu? (:

*1 minute later*

Him: Brb dinner

Me: I'm good, okay.

And he never returned. We were fine and ever since he came back from camp, he had been all weird on me. I went to sleep that night thinking about him as always. Thinking about what I did wrong, how did it end up like this?

I never realised he was the only person I thought about at night before I went to sleep and the first person I thought about when I woke up in the morning.

How weird was that?

It was funny how one person could make you so happy one minute and then heartbroken the next.

During that summer, I had been listening to my new CD that I got for Christmas. "Little Mix - Salute." It was a great album and it had been my on repeat album ever since I got it.

🎶 If I had everything, it wouldn't mean a thing. 'Cause nothing feels like, nothing feels like you. No matter what they say, can't take my love away. 'Cause nothing feels like, nothing feels like you. 🎶

I loved that song, it was so catchy and it was the way I felt about him. I thought about him and I wondered what was going on inside of his head.

*

13th of January, 2014.

6:02pm.

Him: Boo :P xx

That was unexpected, we hadn't spoken in two days and it had been killing me.

Me: Boo xx

I didn't know why I said that. Are we leading each other on? No, if course not. I loved him, right? And that was shortest conversation we had ever had.

15th of January, 2014.

5:09pm.

I just got a new phone and I suddenly got a new text. It was from Brandon.

Him: Hey :)

Me: Hey :)

We started chatting for a while before I had to go for dinner.

Him: Hey, can I ask you something?

That question always scared me. It could've been a personal question and I wouldn't know.

The butterflies in my stomach started having a panic attack and I quickly replied.

Me: Sure, go ahead!

Just play it cool, Amanda.

I quickly rushed off to dinner and ate it as fast as possible, feeling nervous at every bite I took. I finished my food and quickly headed off to my phone and checked to see if Brandon had replied and he had.