Chapter eight: He Was Leading Me On.

It's amazing how someone can break your heart and you still love them with every broken piece of it.

*

You know those Facebook games and quizzes? Yeah, I always hated getting those, "Who's your secret crush?" requests on Facebook. Mentally, I was like "Go away, I don't care."

Story of my life.

Brandon got caught in one of those and it automatically posted on Facebook for you and that was exactly what happened.

It came up on my newsfeed with Brandon's profile picture and Maddie's profile picture from the secret crush quiz. She was actually really pretty. Dammit. Of course she would be pretty, those were the kind of girls who Brandon would most likely date. It hurt me that she was pretty and I wasn't but, that was the only thing that hurt me.

Brandon messaged me as soon as I saw the post. Here we go again.

13th of January, 2014.

10:23pm.

Him: Have you looked on my wall? Maybe that's what scared her away :/

Obviously it was Facebook's fault.

Me: There may be other possibilities to why she isn't replying.

Him: Yeah, true. She just went offline.

Seriously?! Give me a break.

Me: Aww, there could have been many reasons, don't worry about it.

Him: Ok :)

Wow.

Me: It'll be fine.

I tried to reassure him because he was acting like a girl in this situation. A girl would act like that in my opinion. No, wait. I would act like that.

Him: I suppose :/

He messaged me a minute later as I didn't reply to his previous message.

Him: I'm shy as hell :/

Really? You weren't shy when you were talking to me. Smh.

Me: Aww, Any reason?

Him: I don't know, just scared of instant rejection.

That was new and I thought I was bad. I never thought he would be scared of rejection. He seemed confident with girls, with me. Was I just not girlfriend material that he didn't really care?

Me: Oh okay. If it's meant to be, it'll be. Stop stressing, you'll be fine :)

Him: Okay :)

Me: Good :)

Him: Thanks :)

Me: No worries, have you asked out a girl before?

I just had to ask.

Him: Yeah.

Short and sweet.

Me: Then is should be a piece of cake, right?

Him: I suppose.

Me: Did the girl(s) say yes?

I had to know, okay? Don't judge.

Him: Yeah, only because she told me to ask her in person :P