37. seven winters

don't think i'm over it.
like i always said i was,
like a broken cd that
plays on repeat.

like i always said i was,like a broken cd thatplays on repeat

"are you kidding?" kyorin questioned.

although his words were music to her ears, she couldn't believe it either. she blinked profusely and the action made jay chuckle as he let out a small chuckle, "why would i joke about this?"

"i don't know you were literally like head over heels for chaerin for like three years? i don't know, you tell me, lover boy," kyorin shrugged as she suppressed a smile.

jay shook his head. he placed a hand against her cheek and lightly held it in the palm of his hands. he smiled as he looked at her, "not even chaerin makes me feel the way you do,"

"okay, that's enough. how about we finish this later and get to the food part? we've done more talking than eating," kyorin suggested, picking up a glob of rice onto her spoon and forcefully spooning it into jay's mouth.

kyorin didn't say anything but she was happy and jay could see that. her actions were more than enough for jay to be given an answer.

kyorin and jay looked at each other with smitten faces in silence. deep down they knew that their feelings were mutual and that they wanted each other.

"you could've just said you liked me," kyorin mentioned before taking a sip of the chilsung cider.

jay shook his head in response.

"nah, i just don't want
anyone else to have you."

***

"let's go sit over there!" kyorin shoved against jay as she tore through the bus aisle to get the window seat.

jay was too busy yawning to argue about which seat he wanted. he followed the girl as he glanced down at his watch that ready 6:43am. he plopped down next to her and laid his head on her shoulder, "we could've just took a vacation ourselves, you know?"

"aren't you excited? why would we miss this trip when it's our last one in school?" kyorin asked, patting jay's head as he nuzzled his face into her neck.

the position he was in made her chuckle. she looked up at the people shuffling down the bus aisle to look for a seat or their friends. she realized the school year was coming to an end and a feeling of nervousness rose in the pit of her stomach.

jay sat himself up to pull up the arm rest in between them. kyorin was busy looking out window for her friends when the boy laced his fingers with hers. the slight tug to pull her into his arms, "i'm more excited to be with you right now than this trip to be fair,"

"it's too early to be so disgusting, isn't it?" another voice interrupted them.

the sound of hee voice could make me want to end it all, kyorin thought. she glanced up and took notice of chaerin sitting in the seat across from them and jina staring at them with a disgusted look on her face. jay rolled his eyes, "there's so many seats on the bus and you chose the one next to us? really?"

"you don't own this bus, jay. we can sit wherever," jina smiled with an annoyed expression on her face.

jay was about to argue when he felt a squeeze in his hand. he looked at kyorin who have her a look for him to not engage any further.

a slight buzz in the pocket of her hoodie disrupted her. the brunette fished out her phone to discover an email of the cabin assignments.

to be honest, kyorin was always excited about this trip. she loved the idea of camping but not in tents. she wanted to experience a cabin experience with people she liked and her school provided that. jay was looking over her shoulder to see hers before he checked his.

kyorin scrolled down for hee last name, surpassing all of the choi's and kim's. she was anxious to find out who was gonna be her partner and prayed they took her buddy slip seriously when they submitted it two weeks ago.

Thank you for choosing Seven Winters! Wem es been provided with information on your roommate situation in Seven Winters Cabin 27.

Cabin 27 Inhabitants:
Room 1 - Park Jongseong & Park Sunghoon
Room 2: Hwang Nari & Nam Yoojin
Room 3: Lee Heeseung & Sim Jaeyun
Room 4: Eun Kyorin & Joo Chaerin

Cabin 27 Inhabitants: Room 1 - Park Jongseong & Park SunghoonRoom 2: Hwang Nari & Nam YoojinRoom 3: Lee Heeseung & Sim JaeyunRoom 4: Eun Kyorin & Joo Chaerin

i needed a filler so that when i'm done
with spring semester of college i can
fully indulge in this section of the story!
sorry for a really short update!!

- SEI ⛸️